Corsair Community

M65 Optical?

MaxMunsta

Hello,

I recently bought an M65 and the acceleration is bothering me a little. Will corsair be announcing any new mice soon? Or does anyone know about something like that because then I can return the mouse and wait. Kind of a stupid and naive question but I have crippling buyers remorse. And no, I will not be buying any competing mice, I have an all corsair peripheral setup and feel that it should stay that way. Also the sabre's wings bother me. Anyways thanks for reading this stupid post, any answers or advice are greatly appreciated!

Generally Corsair doesn't talk about unannounced products, so don't expect an official answer either confirming/denying :P

That being said, I would definitely like to see the FPS mouse using an optical sensor. I use my M65 for CSGO and particularly for that game the acceleleration matters. I've tried using the scimitar for CSGO because of its optical sensor, but I find the M65 feels better and more useful when playing FPS games. I use the Scimitar for pretty much every other style game (GTA V, ARK Survival, Civ V, etc) because of the side buttons/sensor, and really hope that Corsair decides to introduce an optical M65 to make what would be in my opinion the perfect FPS mouse. Maybe a movable sniper button similar to the movable keypad but not sure :D

This. I mean, we have the Sabre Optical, but I still think the M65 is a better shape/button layout for FPS games. I guess while I'm at it, I'll add my personal list of tweaks to the M65 I'd like to see:

1. An Avago S3988 or 3366 sensor. The 3366 is probably unrealistic since it's Logitech exclusive atm, but I would take an S3988, too. This is the one thing I absolutely want to see; I don't care if nothing else on my list comes to light, so long as this change is made.
  2. A slightly longer mouse body. I'm thinking maybe half a centimeter or so. It's a small change, but I think it would make the mouse a bit easier to palm grip, as well as make it easier to hold for claw grippers with long fingers (like me).
  3. A slight flare to the right side of the mouse, so that your fingers have something other than the mousepad to sit on. I'm not talking the full-on finger rest that other mice have, just something a bit like what's already on the left side.
  4. Omron swiches for all buttons, or at least for the sniper button. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the sniper button and the side buttons don't currently use Omron switches. I wonder if this is connected to the sniper button sometimes feeling slightly loose and not as firm as the other buttons. Either way, a more solid-feeling sniper button would be great.

There you have it, my laundry list of changes I'd want to see to the M65 to make my ultimate mouse. I love the feel of the mouse, but the sensor and the other issues I mentioned hold it back just enough that I wouldn't make a universal recommendation to buy it.

Archived