Corsair Community

Will 780T fit a H115i Cooler without a problem?

MaverickSY19

I am assuming the H115i will fit ok in the 780T as its just a H110i GTX or whatever cooler renamed with a new V2 block or something I read. Is that true?

Checking the case specs it doesn't list the H115i as one of the coolers that it supports but I figure that's just because it is rather new and no one updated those yet.

Thanks.

Maverick PICTURES OR DIDNT HAPPEN!

http://imgur.com/a/zXpYn

Here you go Wizard. Unfortunately I couldn't get my OC Panel (the OC panel is really long so the end hit the hoses) in the top 5 1/4 slot because I had to put the hoses for the 115i on that end due to the Fury X radiator on back exhaust side. Oh well it was just a fancy LED display anyway.

I pulled out the 2 140mm fans in the front and put to Red as you can see 120mm fans so I could fit the second Fury X radiator in the front top.

One thing I am debating still though is if I should have all the front fans just be exhaust and then have the 115i fans be intakes, right now they exhaust and the front 2 120s are intake, both Fury X radiators are exhaust.

I have some nice sleeved cables on the way and some new RAM I am going to swap what I have there out for the new stuff. Removing those Blue ones to put in my son's computer and putting in a set of Red CMK32GX4M4B3000C15R, going to try and put the fan kits for those in too if they will fit, not sure if I can get them mounted or not. That top Fury X card might be in the way of where you clip on the fan kit on the left side RAM bank. I'll take more shots once I put in that RAM and do the sleeved cables.

I don't mind you chiming in. Constructive criticism is lacking on the internet so I will take some. Which wires specifically? The GPU power cables? They are the only ones that are a bit loose as they are individually sleeved I could use some Velcro wraps to tighten them up some. One thing I wish is that the 780T had cover plate for the bottom to hide the PSU and all those cables. Are you saying I should bundle those up too a bit tighter?

Also why may I ask did they not wrap the Power LED, HDD LED, Power Light LED and Reset Cables together in this case like in the 760T those were all wrapped together nice and neat but these are all over the place single coming down from the switches at the top. I had to zip tie them together which I had to buy extras off, ;) ship more with your cases please small cost for happy customer.

Maverick

Definitely just do it once right, and you'll never ever have to touch it again. (god forbid if a hardware failure)

The USB header cables for the case are you able to wrap that behind the case and go through the lowest rubber grommet? The least wire the better (personally speaking). But so far everything looks great, I am jealous of your build.

yeah those USB cables especially the 3.0 one is very stiff so hard to get wrapped up nice. I would like to manage those along the bottom a bit better. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the compliment on the build out. I have had that Rampage V Extreme and CPU since the end of 2014 but its still a screaming combo. I have just added new SSD's and Graphics cards to keep the speeds up. The Skylake is OK but not worth moving to over an X99, maybe once the E version of the Skylake chips comes out I might look at moving to that ;)

Archived