Corsair Community

CX600 low buzz sound

pedrobl

I recently installed this PSU on my PC and I noticed that there's a little buzz sound whenever it's turned on. I can't hear it when my PC is on since it's a very low noise, in fact, I can only hear it when I put my ear close to the PSU. It makes this sound when the PC is off but the PSU is on. If I flip the switch off, the sound goes away after about 3 seconds. Is this sound normal? Is it a sign that the PSU is failing?

I can't really RMA it since I don't have the receipt anymore. I just want to know if it's safe to keep using it.

• Corsair Employee
in fact, I can only hear it when I put my ear close to the PSU

That sounds fine to me. As long that the sound is not getting progressively louder, then there is no reason to think that it's faulty.

Also, if your system is running fine and stable under load, I wouldn't worry about it.

I currently have the same issue with my PSU. It buzzes when off and on. I haven't found a fix yet. I've done just about everything. I RMAd my PSU multiple times now, called an electrician, called the electric company, tested outlets, even changed mine out with a new one, I even bought a really nice UPS and it even buzzes too. I've even read people try other brands and it still buzzes.

One thing I've noticed is when my UPS is on its battery back up that it shuts my ups and PSU up immediately and continues as soon as it's back to my house electric. Other things in our house does it too. Including 2 gfi outlets, tvs, and my ps4. Even when off and just plugged in. Ive tried turning off the main and finding a source and that didn't work either. The only thing I can say is I've never experienced this problem before until I moved a month and a half ago. Our new house was built in 2003 so it's not too old.

I'm not sure if it's damaging to electronics or my computer I haven't used it much since this all started. Sadly I can't just up and sell the house so maybe I'll find the culprit or a fix soon. I have an isolation transformer coming to see if that fixes the issue or not. I also have a post on the website about it that has a couple pages of replies called PSU buzzing. I feel like I've searched the Internet top to bottom and others have the problem but never explain how they fix it or what happened months later. Just know even though this is extremely annoying you are not alone lol. I would listen behind your tvs when they are off to see if that's doing it too and check other outlets in the house to see if the buzzing stops on your computer. For some reason it buzzes randomly during the day and after 6pm it's constant until daylight. I've turned outside lights off and everything. I can't find any solution yet but I haven't given up.

Archived