Corsair Community

Missing hardware in CL4

Kapitikarl

Currently doing a rebuild. CL4 IMHO is broken. Installed it, the following hardware was missing:

Commander mini temp 3 and 4

Intel core loads

Commander mini LED

So I reinstalled CL3 and these items came back without any trouble.

If that is not testament that CL4 is a pile of poo I don't know what is. I have seen some of the messing around people have gone through to make their software work. I believe this is a real bad show on Corsairs part.

I'd forgotten how much I hated Link, until last night. After a rebuid, I've gone back to using my H110i GT (excellent cooler), the Asus fan expert didn't really seem to work that well, (wouldn't control the cooler fans if they were connected to the pump) so I stupidly tried to install Link 4. I got a message that an older version was installed so I checked, it wasn't, so I looked for the extra files and couldn't find them. I reinstalled Link 3, something, which appeared to work and came up with a message that it needed to restart to complete the installation, so I restarted the system, it came up with the same message, 4 times, so I uninstalled it and tried 4 again, no luck.

I think that I will just connect the cooler fans to the motherboard and use Fan Expert. Once again, 10 out of 10 for hardware and 1 out of 10 for software.

Thanks for that Ray (I think), I will have a look later, when I get home, if I have time before the 6 nations match. but if I have any more problems, I'll connect the fans to the motherboard and use Asus Fan Expert. It can stop the case fans if the temp is low enough.

Thanks for that Ray (I think), Asus Fan Expert can stop the case fans if the temp is low enough.

It will assuming you have TH2 or RS1, but I had to guess and you should add the W10 Build to your PC specs ;):

Stopping CL controlled fans is next on my hit list once I have sorted out the Mutex. Getting SIV to support this would be trivial, but the CL firmware needs changing to allow this.

I tried that and Link still didn't recognize it, so I spat the dummy, connected the rad fans to the motherboard, changed the pump lead to the water pump header on the motherboard and now I'm usingthe Fan Expert software. Last night it was running virtually silent (with the case side panels off) and the case fans stopped and the temps were in the mid 20's.

Archived