Corsair Community

HG10 N780 Install Questions.

jonydg

Hi,

I got a HG10 N780 on the way for my 780 Ti and had a look through the online instructions manual and i'm wondering about the section about standoffs,

Quote;

For Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers with the round-shaped pump head (such as the H75 or H105), use the short standoffs.

For Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers with a square-shaped pump head (such as the H100i) no standoffs are required.

I'll be using a Corsair H80 for my install which has a square pump head so according to the instructions no standoffs are required? Does this mean the short standoffs arent required and i should use different ones that come with H80 or no standoffs are used at all?

Thanks for any help :)

I think it means you won't need to use the short standoffs and to use the ones that came with the cooler. As the picture in the next steps shows a standoff used.

I'll suggest you wait for a Corsair employee to confirm that as it isn't worded quite right.

• Corsair Employee
I think it means you won't need to use the short standoffs and to use the ones that came with the cooler. As the picture in the next steps shows a standoff used.

This is correct, there's no need to use the short standoffs that came with GPU bracket, use the standoffs that came with your H80 cooler.

Archived