Corsair Community

Can't install CUE. Tried a few things, not sure what to do next

tehoivun

I just got my Strafe and the keyboard itself works wonderfully. That being said, I can't install CUE. I get to "1/2 Installing drivers", my PC freezes and I have to restart it. I have removed traces of it from the PC, installing it without connecting the keyboard, installing on other hard drives, and nothing works. Not too sure where to go next. I checked out the other posts and it seems I'm not the only one with the problem, but I haven't been able to fix it like they have.

We've tested and installed CUE many times on many different OS and have not come across installation issues, although there are a few things that we suspect that could cause this. You may have conflicting software installed such as wacom and Synapse, you may want to disable those and attempt the installation again.

Also in Windows 10, Microsoft changed their certification. In most cases if you have a generic or cracked Windows, you may experience this issue.

We've tested and installed CUE many times on many different OS and have not come across installation issues, although there are a few things that we suspect that could cause this. You may have conflicting software installed such as wacom and Synapse, you may want to disable those and attempt the installation again.

Also in Windows 10, Microsoft changed their certification. In most cases if you have a generic or cracked Windows, you may experience this issue.

I have neither wacom or synapse. i do have a redragon mouse but I removed the software it came with and no go. I do have genuine windows.

Is there a workaround to using the installer? Like maybe installing it on a different PC successfully and then copying the files over or something along those lines?

I have neither wacom or synapse. i do have a redragon mouse but I removed the software it came with and no go. I do have genuine windows.

Is there a workaround to using the installer? Like maybe installing it on a different PC successfully and then copying the files over or something along those lines?

in my FAQ there are older version of CUE, try those see if anything works.

So I tried the old versions of CUE and they didn't work so I decided to restore my system (no biggie, only OS and programs). Bingo. Used old USB keyboard and mouse before connecting strafe and ran CUE install straight away. Worked perfectly. Now I'm thinking it was my mouse's drivers and whatnot that might have messed with the install.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! Still a weird issue but whatever, the point is it works. And it looks cool as all hell.

Archived