Corsair Community

H80i GT high CPU temperature

Icedhaze

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my newly bought H80i GT. It shows me a very high cpu and motherboard temperature and also does not detect the H80i GT Cooler Fan and GeForce GTX 980 Ti Fan in Corsair Link. Every cable is correctly connected. I checked it at least three times with a friend. The air that comes out from the fans is COLD!!!

If you need any other information please just ask.

Thanks for your support.

Just look at the pics below and you´ll see my problem.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160125/fa9exwly.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160125/zrwv5x4k.jpg

Either CPU block is not making enough contact, or you got faulty unit. Try to tighten screws little bit.

No, the CPU to Cooler contact is probably OK.

The issue is the H80iGT Cooler Temp being 68.8°C which could be caused either by the pump not circulating the coolant or the fans not cooling the radiator. How hot is the radiator? Are the fans spinning?

The H80iGT Cooler Fan speed should be at least 800 RPM, check the fan connections. Try swapping them around.

The 100.0°C reported for MSI Motherboard Temp 3 is probably incorrect, CL often does this, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=787963

You need to add you PC Specs to your profile as this will make it easier for other members to help you.

The images are way too big and all that is needed is as below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24061&stc=1&d=1453797359

2033688649_TheImage1.thumb.jpg.2e8879a912841b110e1264b38ea55ffb.jpg

• Corsair Employee
It's worth to double check if you have a full contact between the CPU and CPU block, I'd simply reseat the pump just to be sure. Pump seems to be working according to C link, but I'd still check that in your BIOS and see if your pump is indeed running. So like what red-ray has mentioned, no pump, no liquid circulation that equals to high CPU temp.

Pump seems to be working according to C link, but I'd still check that in your BIOS and see if your pump is indeed running.

The H80iGT reports a fan speed to the CPU_FAN header, so you can't check the pump speed in the BIOS. So do the H100iGTX + H110iGTX.

The H110iGT + H100i + H80i do report the pump speed though! In general Asetek report a fan speed and CoolIT report the pump speed.

• Corsair Employee
The H80iGT reports a fan speed to the CPU_FAN header, so you can't check the pump speed in the BIOS. So do the H100iGTX + H110iGTX.

The H110iGT + H100i + H80i do report the pump speed though! In general Asetek report a fan speed and CoolIT report the pump speed.

My fault, that's actually right, H80i GT does not report pump speed in BIOS but rather fan speed. Though I'd still recommend re-seating the pump to make sure its not a contact issue.

First of all, thanks for all the replies. I try to answer all your questions.

1. Both pipes are cold and there are no vibrations.

2. Currently the pump is making weird sounds, so I think it is actually a defect pump. I already contacted the shop where I bought it and they will send me a replacement.

3. Look at my specs now.

Archived