Corsair Community

(Scimitar) Considering to buy this product, but a bit sceptical

Insolent

Hello.

I'm considering buying the Corsair Scimitar as my old Roccat Kone+ is having some issues with its scroll wheel. I like the fact that this is an optical mouse and it has the MMO buttons on the side, but I'm a bit worried after reading a few forum posts (which may or may not be dated by now).

So I was wondering if the optical sensor is still having issues with accuracy or otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

There is a known issue with the mouse starting to move laggy and not clicking but Corsair already has a fix for it and is testing it. Corsair Henry mentioned it very recently in this forum.

Apart from that known (software/firmware) issue there aren't really any other issues that I know of related to the sensor. Could you point out where you read about those accuracy issues? I'm curious to read them too since I do have the Scimitar and I am using it right now.

I am also considering the Scimitar, but only now that newegg has a black version arriving in a few weeks. I didn't like the yellow trim on an rgb mouse. (And this is coming from a guy with a yellow car).

I am currently using a Naga with some double click issues.

I have definitely seen mixed reviews on the Scimitar, so I'm curious what else people think about the Scimitar in comparison to other "MMO mice".

I read on newegg that the buttons on the side of the mouse is not capable of registering continued presses, i.e. holding down a button to talk on TeamSpeak. Everything registers as an instantaneous press and release. Is this true?

I read on newegg that the buttons on the side of the mouse is not capable of registering continued presses, i.e. holding down a button to talk on TeamSpeak. Everything registers as an instantaneous press and release. Is this true?

yes the way its done rn is a very rapid click and release. There is a way around it You need to make two macros.

On the first one, uncheck "record delays," then record a button press. Stop the recording, and delete the "release" event. Close the macro, and make a second one. Record the button press again, but this time delete the initial button press, keeping only the release. Open the first one again, and check "Enable a second macro on release." Select the release macro.

yes the way its done rn is a very rapid click and release. There is a way around it You need to make two macros.

On the first one, uncheck "record delays," then record a button press. Stop the recording, and delete the "release" event. Close the macro, and make a second one. Record the button press again, but this time delete the initial button press, keeping only the release. Open the first one again, and check "Enable a second macro on release." Select the release macro.

Thanks for the workaround. =)

But is there any word from Corsair, if they're going to create a permanent solution to this?

How do you do that? I mean, I get the first one to work, but when I'm doing the second macro how can I delete the initial button press? Because when I press undo, it removes release key first?

EDIT: OK nvm got it lol sorry :D

Archived