Corsair Community

New k70... is my space bar on backwards?

serialnuker

I just got a new k70 and the space bar feels super bad and really terrible... it feels as if it is on backwards. I love the keyboard but typing on it or using the space bar are super SUPER awkward tasks because the space bar is angled towards the keys instead of slanting towards the palm rest. Is it backwards? This can't be normal. I can't imagine anyone liking this. How do I fix the space bar? Please help... I would like to keep this keyboard, but it is totally messed up.

Also, what is up with the number row above qwes being super far away from the qwe, it feels like a bad laptop keyboard.

And the wrist support is super short and angled terribly steep.

ugh. How do I fix these issues?

• Corsair Employee
Can you take a picture of the space bar and attach it? If it is on backwards, remove it on try it on the other way. I dont quite understand what you mean by the number keys are far away from qwes. The position on those keys are pretty standard and the wrist support is designed that way. It sounds more like a preference issue to me.

Can you take a picture of the space bar and attach it? If it is on backwards, remove it on try it on the other way. I dont quite understand what you mean by the number keys are far away from qwes. The position on those keys are pretty standard and the wrist support is designed that way. It sounds more like a preference issue to me.

Yeah, I can take a picture when I get home.

I mean, everything is a preference issue... But the distance between all letter keys is linear, and then it is not linear between the letter keys and number keys on the top row. They are shifted to the left a higher amount making the distance larger. So if you measure from the middle of the Z key to the A and then measure the q to the 1 key they are markedly different, as well they are different elevation changes between keys.

Also, all of the long keys (shift, space, enter) are muted and do not feel the same as the letter keys. Are the other keys mx brown as well?

• Corsair Employee
I am certainly going to return the keyboard. It is unusable with the space bar and top row numbers the way they are. Unless there is a way to fix those two issues? Those are the only two issues I have, the rest of the keyboard is really amazing.

There is no way to fix what you have mentioned. In fact, all of our keyboards have pretty much the same key placement and space bar with the tilt.

We do apologize that the keyboard doesn't meet your standards.

There is no way to fix what you have mentioned. In fact, all of our keyboards have pretty much the same key placement and space bar with the tilt.

We do apologize that the keyboard doesn't meet your standards.

any way to get a custom keyboard made?

Archived