Corsair Community

Corsair Void, aggressive timeout?

Ranger375

I am trying to figure out where/how to configure the auto-shutdown on this Void headset, and the user manual + google + looking thru the forum hasn't seemed to show where to configure it.

I don't always have audio playing through my headset, and don't want to have something actually playing in the background... and cannot have speakers enabled half the time I am on the computer. Hence buying the headset. However, having it multi-beep at me then shut down in what seems to me in an aggressive power saving mode, is rather irritating.

Is there any way to configure (or preferably DISABLE) how long the headset will wait since audio last played, before it shuts down? I know it'd be burning battery the whole time, however that's a non-issue as I have the cable right beside me... but even on cable, it still wants to power down.

Any help would be appreciated.

We are implementing a "Disable Auto-Shutdown" feature in an upcoming version of CUE. As for a way to adjust the time before the headset will proceed to Auto-Shutdown has been discussed but we have not decided what we're going to do with that.

I don't care if I have to edit an INI file or something due to it not being immediately in the software, I literally need this.

This is a fantastic headset compared to the flimsy G930 Logitech I had before, but even with everything wrong with that headset in terms of construction, software, capability, etc, it still would at least stay ON so I could actually USE it...

Not sure when 1.13 is released, but try this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices\void_wireless\profile_void_wireless.xml

Open it and edit <supports_autoshutdown> from true to false and save it.

So it will look like this.

<supports_autoshutdown>false</supports_autoshutdown>

See if that works for the time being.

Not sure when 1.13 is released, but try this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices\void_wireless\profile_void_wireless.xml

Open it and edit <supports_autoshutdown> from true to false and save it.

So it will look like this.

<supports_autoshutdown>false</supports_autoshutdown>

See if that works for the time being.

I've got a solution in place, but thank you for the help! I'm happy that I now have finally found a headset worth a snot....and a responsive company that makes it.

• 1 month later...
I've got a solution in place, but thank you for the help! I'm happy that I now have finally found a headset worth a snot....and a responsive company that makes it.

Care to share that solution with others like me who find this thread while searching the same issue?

Long story short, Corsair was kind enough to throw me the working beta they had. About 2 weeks afterwards, it rolled out to the current CUE as far as I know. You should be able to go to Settings, Device, make sure your headset is selected, and you'll have a "Disable Auto Shutoff" feature/function next to disable device lighting. Now, you can burn battery to your heart's content, which is great for me since while I have my headset on (and ON) I am not always actually listening to anything. Idle time on Teamspeak, randomly pulling down the mic while doing something intensive and throwing a question at Cortana, bla de blah. Works great now, and dead batteries are solely my fault!

• 4 months later...
Long story short, Corsair was kind enough to throw me the working beta they had. About 2 weeks afterwards, it rolled out to the current CUE as far as I know. You should be able to go to Settings, Device, make sure your headset is selected, and you'll have a "Disable Auto Shutoff" feature/function next to disable device lighting. Now, you can burn battery to your heart's content, which is great for me since while I have my headset on (and ON) I am not always actually listening to anything. Idle time on Teamspeak, randomly pulling down the mic while doing something intensive and throwing a question at Cortana, bla de blah. Works great now, and dead batteries are solely my fault!

As for this, I'm definitely not seeing it in my CUE...

Archived