Corsair Community

Your new CUE software renders Discord unable to produce audio

Bruhno

Nice try.. now explain why it all works fine when the CUE software ISNT installed?

The new CUE drivers and software renders the headset to be a surround sound headset per default and thus seems to impact voice communication software that does not support audio enhancement just like Discord. But this is just a theory based on the fact that this problem occurred as the software version of CUE that did make the VOID headset recognized as a surround sound headset. But as a matter of fact this issue is not tied to VOID headsets only and seems to affect multiple pieces of voice communication software. Ranting and being a bitch here about the fact that the problem exist does not help. Instead try and give Corsair some information to work with (this is not targeted at you).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the headset works with other software but not with Discord, then I think the issue is with Discord itself. Normally if there is an issue with our driver, more than one application would be affected. However, if there isn't any other app that is broken, then it is a software issue with Discord itself.

I have the issue with discord post update as well and for some reason every 5 mins or so in Rainbow Six Siege the mic input drops to 0% and requires a reset. When I talked to the discord dev team they said it was a compatibility issue with the firmware update. Any change chance you all could contact them and work together to fix it.

I just got the VOID headset.. I thought I was going crazy til I stumbled on this post. All my friends and I use Discord. It seems like this issues been going on for a long time without resolution. Should I just return it to Amazon or is there hope of a fix in the near future?

I just got the VOID headset.. I thought I was going crazy til I stumbled on this post. All my friends and I use Discord. It seems like this issues been going on for a long time without resolution. Should I just return it to Amazon or is there hope of a fix in the near future?

Find a Teamspeak server (or host one) and use it. :):

Teamspeaks servers are free to host for up to 32 people. :):

I don't think it'll be resolved. Discord developers doesn't seem to know what they're doing.

Which VOID headset did you get?

Have you tried disabling enhancements? Did it help?

What operating system are you running?

Find a Teamspeak server (or host one) and use it. :):

Teamspeaks servers are free to host for up to 32 people. :):

I don't think it'll be resolved. Discord developers doesn't seem to know what they're doing.

Adobe Audition does not work with this headset too. Same reason.

You still think that Raidcall, Discord, Adobe Audition are to blame? They work great with any other headset or without CUE installed. So the problem is in CUE / Drivers for Corsair Void.

Adobe Audition does not work with this headset too. Same reason.

You still think that Raidcall, Discord, Adobe Audition are to blame? They work great with any other headset or without CUE installed. So the problem is in CUE / Drivers for Corsair Void.

First and foremost. If they don't function with enhancements yea.. Then we're just up to even more ****ty programs.

Second. I JUST tested discord, in the browser app they have, a few seconds before writing this! It's working fine without issues. I have the newest firmware and newest CUE. Windows 10.

I even have both corsair keyboard and headset. SO conclusion time. FIX YOUR COMPUTER

EDIT: One thing i did notice though. Sometimes my headset is called "Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming headset" other times it's called "Corsair VOID wireless Gaming Dongle". This varies from time to time when i update drivers and stuff.

First and foremost. If they don't function with enhancements yea.. Then we're just up to even more ****ty programs.

Second. I JUST tested discord, in the browser app they have, a few seconds before writing this! It's working fine without issues. I have the newest firmware and newest CUE. Windows 10.

I even have both corsair keyboard and headset. SO conclusion time. FIX YOUR COMPUTER

EDIT: One thing i did notice though. Sometimes my headset is called "Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming headset" other times it's called "Corsair VOID wireless Gaming Dongle". This varies from time to time when i update drivers and stuff.

Ah yes fix our computers. Maybe you should actually read a thread you are posting in, it has always worked with the browser version of discord. It is the desktop version that doesn't work.

Ah yes fix our computers. Maybe you should actually read a thread you are posting in, it has always worked with the browser version of discord. It is the desktop version that doesn't work.

Why don't you just use the browser version then if i may ask? :):

Then there's no problem to begin with, and this thread is useless :):

And, i've read the OP (Original post). and the first page (I'm not going to read through the 4-5 pages here.. Norm to read is OP, first page and last page).. Nothing is said on browser working. It says SPECIFICALLY "CUE RENDERS DISCORD UNABLE TO PRODUCE AUDIO" .. <- That is a false statement. "CUE renders the Discord desktop application unable to produce audio" Would be an example of how to make a correct statement.

Why don't you just use the browser version then if i may ask? :):

Then there's no problem to begin with, and this thread is useless :):

And, i've read the OP (Original post). and the first page (I'm not going to read through the 4-5 pages here.. Norm to read is OP, first page and last page).. Nothing is said on browser working. It says SPECIFICALLY "CUE RENDERS DISCORD UNABLE TO PRODUCE AUDIO" .. <- That is a false statement. "CUE renders the Discord desktop application unable to produce audio" Would be an example of how to make a correct statement.

If you are not willing to take into account of all the information provided on the different pages of this thread then please, do not try and state that this thread is useless. Please show some respect to other people in here who are experiencing this problem and are looking for a working solution without compromises. My statement in the title is not wrong, it's just not specified and it is a title after all. The post on the very first page that includes my conversation with Discord also specifies that the problem is related to the desktop version, not the web version. If you want to know why the desktop version is something I prefer to use, it is because of the Push-to-Talk feature which is common in other similar solutions and the in-game layout. To put it short, you are not helping anyone solving this well-known issue. Let’s keep the thread focused on solving the problem and not on bashing people because they are looking for a solution and make harsh assumptions without taking the whole thread discussion into account, thank you c:

It seems to stop working with the version 1.11.85 that was released to fix the 2 channel only problem as the headset works fine in discord with the 1.10.67 CUE software but is only in stereo.

I left the dongle and headset firmware at 38.01

1.8.120 Works with discord Desktop app only in stereo

1.10.67 Works with discord Desktop app only in stereo

1.11.85 Doesn't work with the Desktop app

1.13.36 Doesn't work with the Desktop app

1.14.43 Doesn't work with the Desktop app

1.15.36 Doesn't work with the Desktop app

Tested on 3 different machines and with two sets of headsets.

Currently running CUE 1.10.67 with some fiddling have 7.1 and discord works with drivers from 1.15.36, I haven't tested any later versions of CUE yet.

FIX YOUR BRAINS. At least 3 programs do not work with this specific headset. Including Adobe Audition which is more expensive than this headset itself.

These 3 programs work with ANY FREAKING HEADSET IN THE MARKET except for Corsair.

So yes, it's the problem to be solved by Corsair, not by Discord, not by Raidcall, not by Adobe.

Corsair VOID is the worst purchase I've ever made for a computer (I have a big list of problems in another topic, only one was partly fixed). I can't give it back, and I'm selling it for half-price on craigslist-analogue and nobody bought it in 2 months. So I guess people read these forums and don't want it even for 50% price.

They are comfortable - the only advantage. I bought it for good virtual 7.1, and 7.1 is like same non-directional stereo with sound coming-out-from-a-can effect.

Don't care if I get a ban. Who cares. Nobody fixes problems what I or other people post.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

We are still putting our full resources into solving this bug. The biggest problem we're encountering is that it doesn't affect all systems. We're doing more regression but if people who have this issue can post their full specs (OS version, VOID headset type, motherboard, etc.) we can see if there is something in common to be reproducible.

Also, let me know what it says under earphone properties -> advanced (tab). Is it showing as 2 channel devices for both microphone and audio playback?

Included screenshot of what it looks like on my screen as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24430&stc=1&d=1456163968

Discord.png.29214be03891b434e9c70ef747c73b2e.png

Here you go c:

Everything is set to default normally but for the sake of showing everything I took a picture with the headset visible. I'm using the Wireless non-yellow version of the VOID. Rest should be in my specs.

http://i.imgur.com/jH6aUJ4.png

Headset is http://i.imgur.com/Cm4XCoj.png

Microphone is http://i.imgur.com/qCPhpvb.png

Howdy

new owner are void wireless headphones

It got 33.0 firmware version is the new update? can do is ok?

another question how long until run-on /grinding (runnning audio) headphones are?!

edit test void 2 h and concluzion : vegeance 2000 old corsair is the best on SOUND . void is sad sound not good , not power . Void is beatiful and solid but sound note 7 / vegeance 2000 note 10 +

Archived