Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.2.5742 here

Technobeard

• Administrators
Well .. trying to help people here has turn out to not work.. Corsair doesn't seem to care about helping. I had a post removed because I posted a PM showing why you shouldn't deal with a person who is advertising their competing software on Corsairs forum. Just read the forum rules and you will see that there is nothing about posting a PM or replying to a PM in the forum.
I removed your post because it contained part of his PM and he wasn't comfortable with it being public. I think this is the first time in the existence of the forum that someone has done that. Since this is new territory, we removed it to be safe. I also told you that you could feel free to re-post the rest of it, and mention that part of it was in reference to a PM he sent you. Feel free to ask him in a PM to clarify his PM. As long as it's an adult conversation on both sides with no attacks or flame wars, it's fine. If you guys agree to disagree, or reach a common ground, that's fine as well.

Though there is a rule "NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS." and his posts shouldn't have been here in the first place, If they weren't I would have never had a reason to make the post that I made.

The software being peddled is in direct competition with the corsair link software. His posts "summarized" says to the people reading the forum "Corsair Link doesn't work for you ... use my software instead" It not "hardware" but it is still competing software and therefore still considered a violation and these posts should be removed.

In regards to that rule, it's mainly there to prevent fanboys from going on a rant (which they have many times in the past). We've lightened up on the rule and it's ok to post names, as long as it's not blatantly putting another company down (or promoting them). As for his "competing software", it's free like ours, and I've never heard anyone describe it as competing with ours. If someone wants to use his software with our hardware, that's fine, but we don't support his software in any way. In regards to the post you reported that you believe broke this rule, this comment should be sufficient to explain why it didn't.

Corsair seems to have selective rules and for some reason this individual seems to have immunity. I really can't even come up with a theory as to why.
You seem to think that we're defending him. This is not the case. He is not immune to the rules, and when he has broken them in the past, we have taken appropriate action. If he breaks the rules again, we will take appropriate action again. No one is immune to the rules.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have changed that post though it still may not be good and he will possibly complain about this post too but... I tried to keep it as professional as possible. I hope with what I posted in a PM to you, you can understand why I took the measures that I took and why my post edit still says what it says.

help installed this link is detecting my psu wich is ax 1200 i but wont detect my h100i n i cant update the firmware running windows 10 64 bit tryed reg iedit hacks tryed few things no go but my fans r spinning just not showing in link soft ware

Does Windows detect the H100i? Is it listed on Devices and Printers?

Archived