Corsair Community

Bad pair of CMX512-3200C2PT

martenb

I've been having problems over the last few months, primarily getting BSODs (usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL), as well as system hangs, reboots, and failure to POST. I've tested pretty much everything else to exhaustion (with the exception of the processor and video card) and all signs are pointing to the RAM being faulty. Both modules fail either test 5 or test 7 in memtest86 with fair regularity.

System setup:

ASUS a7v600-x board

Athlon XP 2800+

2 sticks CMX512-3200C2PT RAM (I've tried timings of both 2-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-6, both of which fail)

ATI Radeon 9600

Western Digital 80GB HD

I tend to run other components as well, and can provide them if needed, but the errors occur even on this barebones setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

With a 333FSB CPU you will need to set the memory Frequency at DDR333 or 1-1 with your CPU, and I would test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

Sorry but this is a chipset limitation.

If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266.

If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133/166 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333

If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400

• Corsair Employee

That would suggest some other problem, can you test them in another system? If not I would make sure that you have a big enough PSU and then try and set the AGP Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them one at a time.

Also the latest bios is Ver 1.007 Beta 1 you might try that as well to make sure its not some other problem.

Unfortunately, I don't have another system here that I could test on. As far as power goes, I'm running an Antec 420W PS and testing with the minimum amount of hardware connected. I can't find anything in the BIOS to set AGP or Dim voltage, though.

Archived