Corsair Community

Need RMA for DDRAM 1GB TWINX1024-4000 ?

I was watching a movie on my pc and the screen went black and the sound went into a constant loop. So I rebooted the pc and from that point on I was lucky to get 3 minutes from the time I booted pc to when it would lock-up, give me a graphical screen meltdown, go instantly to power save on the monitor indicating there was no longer a pc signal, or it would just not even make it a few seconds into the boot process. So realizing that I was getting nowhere I went to Microsofts website on a different computer thinking I may have corrupted my OS somehow but I found that my symptons where usually caused by a bad memory module so I decided to test that out and pulled one stick from the pair out and now my computer seems to run great. So I am figuring that the problem lies in the ram. Anyway thanks for looking this over and I look forward to the day I can again run at 1gb ram instead of a gimp 512 :biggrin:

Thanks,

Icedragon76

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Sure,

I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard with a 2.8 ghz - 800 front side bus p4 processor.

My bios settings are as follows..

CPUID Maximum value limit [Disabled]

Hyper Threading Technology [Enabled]

Configure DRAM Timing by SPD [Enabled]

DRAM Idle Timer [Auto]

DRAM Refresh Rate [Auto]

Performance Acceleration Mode [Auto]

Thanks,

• Corsair Employee

Please set the following settings and test the modules with http://www.memtest.org, but you also need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test with ASUS P4 MB's.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 200 MHz/400DDR

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Legacy USB: Disabled

Resulting Frequency: 400DDR

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

Then test with http://www.memtest.org. If the system pass's at these settings then it likely just the settings that caused the problem.

Archived