Corsair Community

Corsair Link Insane pcie Amperage draw?

DinaAngel

red-ray, does SIV not work with USB connection?

It's C-Link only, I would like to make it work via USB, but thus far have failed to reverse engineer the protocol and Corsair have declined to provide me the Driver API specification. I feel knowing what SIV reported would be rather handy as the [status] panel should show ALL the power information.

DinaAngel, do you have a H100i, H80i or CLCC? If so can you plug your AX1200i in via C-Link rather than USB?

It's C-Link only, I would like to make it work via USB, but thus far have failed to reverse engineer the protocol and Corsair have declined to provide me the Driver API specification. I feel knowing what SIV reported would be rather handy as the [status] panel should show ALL the power information.

DinaAngel, do you have a H100i, H80i or CLCC? If so can you plug your AX1200i in via C-Link rather than USB?

hei, i got only this http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/corsair-commander-mini

and my powersupply

http://puu.sh/iAHgZ/af3f2be0ab.jpg

hei, i got only this http://www.corsair.com/se-fi/corsair-commander-mini and my powersupply

That's a CLCC (I use too many TLAs ;):), good we are in business. SIV can report ALL your AX1200i information including the supply voltage if you unplug your AX1200i from USB and connect it to one of the CLCCs C-Link ports.

It would be good to see what the SIV [status] panel reports, so power down, move the AX1200i to the CLCC and reboot. Having done this:

1. Exit CL
  2. run SIV64X.exe (See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 for how to get it)
  3. Press [uSB Bus] and post that screen shot.
  4. Press [Link Devices] and post that screen shot.
  5. Press [Link Status] and post that screen shot.
  6. These are just to confirm the AX1200i is correctly connected only via C-Link.
  7. Press [status] and post that screen shot.

What I would like to do is compare what CL reported and what SIV [status] reports. SIV will also report the Average, Minimum and Maximum values. On this system I get as below. Please try and caprure the same information. If your screen is too small press [Copy] and paste the text into a file.

Note CL and SIV can't report CL hardware at the same time for the reasons I mention in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=729115.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22014&stc=1&d=1435155532

1822866443_SIVStatus.thumb.png.6c5b13b5be68dda1725c978ffcb95780.png

does corsair do express rma to me? i know they did with the cable for my usb dongle, as it was broken before. i got the new usb dongle cable today

but like for my psu?

I would expect they will for your AX1200i given they did for the USB dongle. As to why they did not just tell you to connect the AX1200i via that CLCC when the USB dongle was broken I am at a loss.

how do you get it to show power grid volts? i used to have that too but im not sure why its not showing up

I suspect this is a bug in CL and I would report it. It would be good if another AX1200i owner commented.

For me, it sounds like you have a really bad ground, like a ground with potential on it.

Such issues can not only be fatal to computers or damage Equipment, it could also be fatal to humans. I would suggest talking to a electrician that could measure up the ground fault and possible coming up with a solution.

Such ground fault could for example be a loose PE Connection somewhere else, causing some of your electrical Equipment sharing a own potential on the ground line.

Example:

Equipment A-B-C shares a ground line up to the distribution Point.

If the ground line becomes disconnected between B and C, the Equipment A and B will share a "own ground". If for example Equipment A is your computer, and Equipment B is a computer screen that isolate a Electric field to ground, then the ground potential could be rasied above the real 0V ground potential.

Also such ground faults could, as I said, be fatal to human Health. You should really investigate the ground fault. If the sparks appear and your case has a voltage even when your computer is turned off using the rocker switch on the back, then you should REALLY investigate it because that means you have voltage in your outlet ground!

I received my new AX1200i yesterday, and i did some tests. You have screenshots here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=141927

As you can see... everything is reported without problems and there are no strange readings anywhere.

Today i received a new HG10 GPU bracket so now i have an H80i GT cooling the CPU and an H80i cooling the GPU. When i installed the new GPU cooler i decided to connect the AX1200i to the H80i pump instead of using the USB dongle... and now my PSU is not detected by CL. It is not really much of a surprise, i'm already used to CL moods and it was just too much to have a new hardware working fine with CL without any problems.

I will try to have my AX1200i detected (still have to think about how, lol) and if i can't, i will have to buy an internal USB hub or find some other solution to connect the PSU. Most probably i will just join the H80i & H80i GT USB cables into just one connector (why do these coolers use a whole 2 port USB fan header when they only need one?). The USB CL dongle and the 2 coolers need only 3 USB ports... yet each of them comes with a 2 port connector header and they need a total of 3 USB headers (6 ports!) to connect them, when they only need one and a half headers (3 ports).

I'm also very busy lately, so i don't know when i'll be able to do it or if i'll be able to spend much time here, but i will report here as son as i have any news worth mentioning.

It looks like it is the issue with PSU, not CLink. And what happens, when you enable OCP is that PSU thinks that current is 53 A, which is more than 40 A so it shuts off. So there is a problem with reading of current on PCIex 1 slot in PSU (even though the slot may be be delivering proper power). So as long as you keep OCP on PCIex 1 disabled it should be fine. Certainly you can RMA it if this numbers on PCIex bothers you

I have an ax1200i connected via usb header and it also reports wrong pcie amp values along with others bugs. When i bought the psu (11/2012) the first CL I installed worked ok on win7x64 and values appeared to be correct, but after new CL releases the software stoped working and i stop using it. This year I bought a h110igt and had to install CL to control the cooler. I experienced similar behaviour as you do: 52A on pcie1 and when i change any value of the psu in CL the system shutsdown wright way. Because I have never had a problem that relates to the psu and it worked ok with the first version of CL, i assume this is a software bug...

Did you solve the issue?

(I haven't tested it with the latestet CL)

attachment.thumb.jpg.086a6aad3b391856402a88edc6904c55.jpg

Today I had time and I tested with the CL3.1.5570.

Many of the problems I had with the previous versions are gone, but the CL is reporting wrong psu amp consumption (PCIe1A 51.1A and PCIe7A 49.4A !?!?!?!) whether is in idle or full load. Also the version of the ax1200i device information in CL is missing. The pc is always plugged with ground and never noticed static in the case.

Beside the problems with CL I dont have freezes, crash or shutdowns.

How can I know what is the problem? Is a CL bug or is something wrong with the psu?

ax1200iidle.thumb.jpg.f5fbb010700f3f80cac46e3479f5930b.jpg

ax1200iload.thumb.jpg.0a1a03a717fde6541c9b890fead46940.jpg

CL1.thumb.jpg.38454a6c677c8b6bac799df32709eeb4.jpg

CL2.thumb.jpg.0162c4dc281155fb12ee7638811636ce.jpg

• Corsair Employee

You should probably start a whole new thread since you are experiencing additional, as well as similar, problems.

I'm just watching this thread to see if DinaAngel's replacement resolves her problems or not.

Archived