Corsair Community

Discuss Link v3.1.5570 here

Technobeard

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

first post here, nice to meet you!

I just finished installing this new version.

I am not able to control the fan speed. As you can see from the mode menu I only have a "default mode".

No presets, no custom curves.

This happens both with pwm and not-pwm fans.

http://s13.postimg.org/57cc8q1l3/link.jpg

Presets in taskbar menu don't work

http://s22.postimg.org/fnrj2k8sx/link2.jpg

I have already tried to uninstall several times..

Thank you for your help!

ASUS H87M-PRO

intel i5 4670

fans are Sp120 pwm 2x, af140 2x, af120 1x

Samsung evo 120gb and 250gb

sapphire r9 270 x toxic

Aisuite isn't installed

Giovanni

Since the thread on v3.1.5525 is now closed I post my question again, what does the firmware update to the Commander Mini and H100iGT do?

You already have the latest firmware, so do not need to update it and after reading http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140995 I suspect if you try it may brick it.

Which version of CL is it? Neither of v3.1.5525 or v3.1.5570 offered to update my CLCC or H110iGT firmware.

I find v3.1.5570 keeps finding more GTX 980s on my system. Currently there are 12 of them :bigeyes:

I am not able to control the fan speed. As you can see from the mode menu I only have a "default mode".

Welcome to the forum.

AFAIK CL only reports motherboard fans and cannot control them. It can only control the H110iGT, H100i, H80i, CLCC, etc. fans.

You should put your system specs in you profile rather than in every post.

I've created a post in the cooling section, but i feel that it belongs here.

i've installed the latest version of corsair link - 3.1.5570 (yeay ! CPU temp fixed ! Thank you !) for my H100i GTX.

After walking thru all the different options, i don't find the proper one to have the possibility to set the pump led to the actual CPU temp, and having the led changing depending this temp.

Before, in CL v2, it was possible with this option :

http://i.imgur.com/f8NXA3k.png

But, after checking the new one ... :

http://i.imgur.com/DtaYlJH.png

It's not the same option than before. Have i missed something ? A secret option hidden in the middle of nowhere ? Does Link v3 still support this feature ?

Thank you.

i've installed the latest version of corsair link - 3.1.5570 (yeay ! CPU temp fixed ! Thank you !) for my H100i GTX.

After walking thru all the different options, i don't find the proper one to have the possibility to set the pump led to the actual CPU temp, and having the led changing depending this temp.

With 3.1.5570 I get the same screen as CL 2.7 for my H110iGT, H100i and Lighting Nodes so I suspect the H100iGTX is different in terms of what is possible.

You have posted this twice and the other post has been answered http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=779929#post779929. Looks to me like it is illogical :sigh!: I feel it's also poor that all the new coolers do not have a C-Link connection.

With 3.1.5570 I get the same screen as CL 2.7 for my H100iGT, H100i and Lighting Nodes so I suspect the H100iGTX is different in terms of what is possible.

If true, it's illogical that the new products have less possibility than the oldest ...

Corsair Link Version # 3.1.5570

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

RPMs for my H100I GTX cooler are not being displayed.

The Corsair Link software displays the RPMs for all fans installed in the computer except the H100IGTX fan. The problem has persisted from the previous version of the software. The suggested uninstall and install procedures were followed. Any suggestions in resolving this issue would be appreciated! Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21774&d=1432093816

CorsairLink.thumb.jpg.ff5fc3d05381437d3c63a173500f18c1.jpg

Corsair Link 3.1.5570 clean install

Windows 8.1 refreshed install 05/18

H80iGT fan speed 0 and red + CPU Temp -1.0 C and red

If change to degrees F, CPU Temp turns to 30.2 F and white/grey. That temp looks like it might be a C reading instead of F.

This is close to a new computer. Refreshed Windows 8.1 and made sure Corsair Profiles folder did not exist before installing CLink.

These are the same problems encountered with previous version of Corsair Link. Change log states these have been fixed, but that does not seem to be the case here.

Fans are working and can be controlled manually by setting Fixed speed. Not sure if fans are responding to other modes. They are on in each mode, I just haven't had the time to sit by and check if the speed is varying with changes in temp.

Also Link only shows one H80iGT fan and not two. I assume this is because they are two-fered together with y-connecter cable and not on individual feeds from the pump. Please confirm this is correct, or note if it is not.

Many thanks to all who are working on this project.

See attached snapshots of screen

1508274754_degreesC.thumb.JPG.df48b10c4518c1ab3f9531d74c3dfb1b.JPG

699854748_degreesF.jpg.c28396681525ce256ca8c4c6159d2f2b.jpg

v3.1.5570

Win 8.1 x64

H100i fans random ramp up to 100% for 2 seconds before dying back down.

Nightmare, every two minutes or so my H100i will get very loud for a very short time. It’s started doing this since v3.1.5570 and even does it when CL’s not running i.e. during boot up in or in win 10 where CL is not installed. I bought an H100i to make my PC more integrated and quieter but it's never been louder.

I don't know if this is related but, my GPU will run @100% @50C since v3.1.5570 no matter what program I use to control it.

I'm still getting duplicated sensors with zero values, so I have uninstalled CL. This hasn’t stopped the random ramp ups

H100i fans random ramp up to 100% for 2 seconds before dying back down.

I'm still getting duplicated sensors with zero values, so I have uninstalled CL. This hasn’t stopped the random ramp ups

I suspect the fans are in PWM mode and the PWM % is too low as I seen the same effect when I set the % too low. You could check by running my SIV utility and checking what the Menu->Tools->Link Fans panel reports, post a screen shot.

OK, the parts finally came - new MB and CPU. Yea!

Transferred drives, memory, video card, everything else to new MB.

Did clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro (not upgraded from 8).

Installed CLink and everything is working.

So now everyone, just go out and buy new gear... LOL!!!

I've updated my profile with new system specs.

CLink works both in degrees F and degrees C on this new system.

I suspect the new MB with UEFI BIOS has something to do with it.

The old MB was Gigabyte GA-890FX A-UD7 Rev 2

The old CPU was AMD Phenom II X6 black unlocked

Still the H80i GT & CL should have worked with them.

New photos of CL layout attached

1911245527_CLinkworksdegreeC.thumb.JPG.33df1742cd69ea32affb08126051eb60.JPG

265688404_CLinkworksdegreeF.thumb.JPG.427cb17090ee1c17835990ffa67f00d4.JPG

Hey, any chance we could get the colors to change (fade from one to another) as on the H80? That's a really nice effect.

Well, that was short! (Guess I spoke too soon...)

As mentioned in other posts by other users, I'm guessing CL is losing its USB connection.

After computer sits for a couple of hours (and does not turn off monitors or sleep), CL stops working - everything at zero. Computer was not used during this time (3 hours). When I came back to it, CL would open, but displayed zeros. (No red, however.)

Reinstalling CL returned everything to normal - all items function

Even with CL running normally, after power is shutdown or sys restarted, CL will not open. Get error message that CL is not responding or has problems and will be shutdown. The only way I've found to correct this is to reinstall CL.

Note: I have 'Auto-Start with Windows Start' turned off. I am starting CL manually using the desktop icon. (This keeps me from getting stuck in a loop with CL auto-starting/crashing every time I restart system.)

If there are any workarounds or other methods to use, please let me know. I will give them a try and report results. I'm also available to test BETA software.

Hope this helps with the ongoing work to fix this.

Many thanks to all who are working on this project.

Running CL ver 3.1.5570

Windows Pro 8.1, 64-bit

I just got my RMA 100i GTX and installed this latest software.

I have a question. Should the fan speed be based off the CPU temp, or the h100IGTX cooler temp? It really seems like it is based off the later. My CPU can spike pretty high, and as long as the cooler temp is still reading low, the fans don't speed up.

This does not make sense to me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Steve Cersosimo

h100IGTX cooler temp

Because those fans are cooling the liquid and not the CPU

Yes I realize that, but isn't the objective to keep the CPU cool?

Wouldn't that mean that the fan speed should be based off the CPU temp, not the cooler's temp.

Makes sense to me at least.

Corsair, any definitive word on this? What is the fan speed based off? The CPU or cooler temp?

EDIT: I can tell you that this is different behavior than my previous H100i using an older version of CL software.

Wouldn't that mean that the fan speed should be based off the CPU temp, not the cooler's temp.

Corsair, any definitive word on this? What is the fan speed based off? The CPU or cooler temp?

It is off the HXXXi coolers temps, as if the coolant is cooler then your cpu will be cooler.

Either will work. In general the CPU will be a few °C warmer then the H100i coolant but they will track. If you use the CPU temperature then CL (or some other software) needs to be running all the time to tell the H100i what the current temperature is. When the fans are controlled by the coolant temperature this is done totally within the H100i firmware and does not rely on any software. I feel this is the better as it will work all the time rather than only once the control software has been started.

Either will work. In general the CPU will be a few °C warmer then the H100i coolant but they will track. If you use the CPU temperature then CL (or some other software) needs to be running all the time to tell the H100i what the current temperature is. When the fans are controlled by the coolant temperature this is done totally within the H100i firmware and does not rely on any software. I feel this is the better as it will work all the time rather than only once the control software has been started.

I get what you are saying, and if my coolant temp tracked anywhere near my CPU temp, that would be great.

Mine does not. The coolant temp is WAY lower than the CPU temp when the CPU is busy. At idle, they are close. So, in my case, since the coolant temp never increases by much, the fans don't kick in and the CPU roasts.

I've been manually having to set the radiator fans to fixed 100% when I know I'm going to be doing something intensive i.e. handbrake. Not a great solution.

Steve

Mine does not. The coolant temp is WAY lower than the CPU temp when the CPU is busy. At idle, they are close. So, in my case, since the coolant temp never increases by much, the fans don't kick in and the CPU roasts.

I suspect the H100i is not making good contact with the CPU and feel you would be wise to get some new thermal compound and then reseat the H100i.

I suspect the H100i is not making good contact with the CPU and feel you would be wise to get some new thermal compound and then reseat the H100i.

I thought that too and suspect you are correct. I will try that.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post my results.

Steve

EDIT: I can tell you that this is different behavior than my previous H100i using an older version of CL software.

There is no benefit in increasing the fan speed if the temperature of the coolant stays the same.

CPU temp fluctuate more then the coolant's temp, so the coolant will take some time to keep up with the cpu and there is, again, no benefit in changing speeds that fast.

Archived