Corsair Community

Limited Availability: Corsair RGB K70/K95 RGB MX Blue

Corsair James

Jin24 good luck with your new keyboard.

The space bar may indeed make a different sound, not 100% sure tho.

More importantly, could you please check each and every key on your key board to make sure that they all work, that they all sound the same, and that none of them have a mushy feel to them, and that none of them have a grating feel to them. I have a k95 rgb with mx blue switches shipping in about 1 to 2 weeks, and with all the reported problems with the blues I worry that I might get a defective keyboard. The recent limited release of k70 and k95 rgb with the blue switches leads me to think that only the best of the blue switches have now been installed in the boards. Other than that the switches are apparently no longer being produced. I hope this very limited release of the keyboards has the very best of the mx rgb blue switches. if they are ok we will have very rare Corsair K95 and k70 rgb mx blue key boards because they are no longer being manufactured. The k70 rgb mx blues in this "limited" release sold out the first day available.

Thanks in advance Jin for any info you can give us.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jin24 good luck with your new keyboard.

The space bar may indeed make a different sound, not 100% sure tho.

More importantly, could you please check each and every key on your key board to make sure that they all work, that they all sound the same, and that none of them have a mushy feel to them, and that none of them have a grating feel to them. I have a k95 rgb with mx blue switches shipping in about 1 to 2 weeks, and with all the reported problems with the blues I worry that I might get a defective keyboard. The recent limited release of k70 and k95 rgb with the blue switches leads me to think that only the best of the blue switches have now been installed in the boards. Other than that the switches are apparently no longer being produced. I hope this very limited release of the keyboards has the very best of the mx rgb blue switches. if they are ok we will have very rare Corsair K95 and k70 rgb mx blue key boards because they are no longer being manufactured. The k70 rgb mx blues in this "limited" release sold out the first day available.

Thanks in advance Jin for any info you can give us.

No problem. I'm very picky about this stuff and was worried about it too (especially since my Blackwidow 2013 with MB Blues had one very mushy switch and a few others making weird pinging noises).

So, the very first thing I was concerned about and checked out of the box was each key. They are all functioning and they all click, though some feel a little stiffer or mushier than normal like my F3 key (click is mild-sounding, kinda mushy I guess). I also examined my space bar switch a little more carefully and think it's perfectly fine, but the larger key (the bar) just changes its feeling/sound a bit.

So, it's not perfect, but I'm fairly happy with it. They all feel and sound like MX Blues, despite some slight irregularities, but my F3 key's switch is definitely just a little bit mushier than most of the rest (on second count, all the rest of the keys seem pretty normal). Still, great keyboard. If you want anymore specifics feel free to ask. I am about to work on something soon (with my new K70) so I might not get back to you with any really detailed testing results for a few hours.

Edit: Hitting the left side of the spacebar produces a somewhat mushier click than the right, it feels and sounds like.

Edit Again: Uh-oh, there is something up with my spacebar after all. I don't get the click if I push down on the key with a leftward slant, but do in every other direction. That's why it felt inconsistent, I think the switch is defective. ;(

I just got my K95 Blue shipping notification (YAY!), and it claims to be arriving in 2 days (which would be impressive, shipping from Taiwan). When it does show up, I will post a review of the switches and uniformity. Hopefully they are all in good working order.

I am really excited for this. I have wanted a K90/95 with MX Blue switches from the moment I first got my K90. I really hope they sorted out the switch issues. If so, I can move my K95 RGB Brown from home to work to replace my old K90.

• Corsair Employee
Damn... I missed this. They just fixed the K70 on Linux with the latest firmware, so picking up a blue and selling off my K70 brown would have been nice.

:[pouts:

"Low demand" Sure.....

Correlation does not imply causation.

Though MX RGB Blue K70's sold well, we didn't have many and since this product didn't exist for a long time, it's no surprise it went quick. However, browns and reds volume dwarfs blues and we see this on single-LED keyboards where all 3 is offered at the same time.

I just got my K95 Blue shipping notification (YAY!), and it claims to be arriving in 2 days (which would be impressive, shipping from Taiwan). When it does show up, I will post a review of the switches and uniformity. Hopefully they are all in good working order.

I am really excited for this. I have wanted a K90/95 with MX Blue switches from the moment I first got my K90. I really hope they sorted out the switch issues. If so, I can move my K95 RGB Brown from home to work to replace my old K90.

Forgot to update here. I did get the keyboard, not in two days, but in one! Talk about fast shipping...

After playing with it for some time now, it appears all keys work perfectly and are even force & "clickyness". So far I am extremely happy with the keyboard. I hope the driver continues to mature over time, as there are a few issues with that, but nothing show-stopping. I now wish I had ordered 2 with the blue switches, since I want to type on one at work too.

Edit: K95 RGB MX Blues are still avaliable?!? Boom, ordered! That's my 3rd Corsair RGB, and my 6th Corsair Vengeance keyboard to date. But I can stop anytime I want, I swear!

Now I just need to find a way to bill this to my boss :cool:

• Corsair Employee
Forgot to update here. I did get the keyboard, not in two days, but in one! Talk about fast shipping...

After playing with it for some time now, it appears all keys work perfectly and are even force & "clickyness". So far I am extremely happy with the keyboard. I hope the driver continues to mature over time, as there are a few issues with that, but nothing show-stopping. I now wish I had ordered 2 with the blue switches, since I want to type on one at work too.

Edit: K95 RGB MX Blues are still avaliable?!? Boom, ordered! That's my 3rd Corsair RGB, and my 6th Corsair Vengeance keyboard to date. But I can stop anytime I want, I swear!

Now I just need to find a way to bill this to my boss :cool:

Did you buy keyboards for the entire office?

I definitely want to get the K95 with blue switches! At the checkout it says "39,90 USD" of Tax. Is that import tax? (I'm shipping it to Italy to my cousin, since Corsair apparently don't ship to Austria).

Also : when he ships it to me in Austria, will I have to pay tax on it again? Would love to have an answer to this.. thanks!

• Corsair Employee
I definitely want to get the K95 with blue switches! At the checkout it says "39,90 USD" of Tax. Is that import tax? (I'm shipping it to Italy to my cousin, since Corsair apparently don't ship to Austria).

Also : when he ships it to me in Austria, will I have to pay tax on it again? Would love to have an answer to this.. thanks!

Rich, contact our customer service at 1-888-222-4346 and they can help you with tax questions.

Did you buy keyboards for the entire office?

No, I just own a lot of PCs. :eek: :D:

I did give my old K90 to my Dad, who commented that he liked the way it typed, and a K95 non-RGB to my brother. The rest I have hooked to PCs that I use regularly.

I do have a couple friends have bought K95 RGBs after playing with mine. But most of my coworkers are perfectly happy with the default Dell keyboards their PC came with :confused:

I just got mine today and am so happy. I was expecting it on my birthday tomorrow, and didn't get the 2 day shipping for that reason, but they gave me free 2 day shipping anyway. So happy so far with my k95.

• 4 weeks later...
Correlation does not imply causation.

Though MX RGB Blue K70's sold well, we didn't have many and since this product didn't exist for a long time, it's no surprise it went quick. However, browns and reds volume dwarfs blues and we see this on single-LED keyboards where all 3 is offered at the same time.

I waited over a year to get a Corsair k95 RGB Cherry MX Blue. I was so upset when production ended so early and I missed it, I finally got one and I absolutely love it!! Now I want another one for my other computer and they are sold out!! Are they ever going to be in-stock ever again or am I SOL? Apparently I noticed they were available at the end of the run, seems like you were selling them for a month or so. I was going to wait to make sure I liked it than order another one, they were in stock all the way up until mine arrived, and when I realized it was as amazing as I thought it was going to be they had sold out that day.

• Corsair Employee
I waited over a year to get a Corsair k95 RGB Cherry MX Blue. I was so upset when production ended so early and I missed it, I finally got one and I absolutely love it!! Now I want another one for my other computer and they are sold out!! Are they ever going to be in-stock ever again or am I SOL? Apparently I noticed they were available at the end of the run, seems like you were selling them for a month or so. I was going to wait to make sure I liked it than order another one, they were in stock all the way up until mine arrived, and when I realized it was as amazing as I thought it was going to be they had sold out that day.

I don't have an ETA for them at this time. I know that our K70 MX Blue RGB sold out in < 24 hours so there is some demand (the K95 took much longer to sell out, however).

I hope there will be more available relatively soon. I have recently started looking for a new keyboard after trying out a mechanical keyboard for the first time and I don't think that I would enjoy the red or the brown switches after trying the blues.

I too have wanted this keyboard since it was announced. I didn't know about all of the manufacturer problems. What was weird was that I saw the keyboard for sale in Europe. I guess I just got very lucky. On May 17th, went to the store and the K95 was for sale. I couldn't believe it. At first I thought maybe I shouldn't order it due to all the problems. What I didn't understand either was that I have a DECK blue led keyboard which has always worked great. Well I got the keyboard and it works great! My deck keyboard is now in the Corsair box. Something oddly right about that.

I love the smaller keyboard too. Our BestBuy carries some version of it. But I had waited since the CES announcement and there was no way I was planning on passing this up.

My wife just said, "Happy Father's Day!"

• 3 weeks later...
At the moment, we are preparing for the production of Strafe with Cherry MX Blue. Any MX Blue RGB would have to come afterwards.

Hello C.James,

I registered solely for this thread (that's the plan). I was going to buy blue almost a year ago, but I wanted to wait out any possible glitches, recalls and reviews -- so I missed the boat. Would've got brown, but I want blue.

MAIN QUESTION: Is there a signup to be notified by email about when K70 RGB MX blues CH-9000064-NA will be available?? OR - While registering I left the admin email box checked for that possibility in general announcements hopefully.

The fact that the K70 blues were sold out in a day is not encouraging. This is something I'm not likely to be in 'pounce mode' for, life is busy enough. Please pass a memo along to order a much greater supply of blue switches from the Cherry company.

Am I correct that the in-site store here is the only place where limited blues are sold or could that change?

What separates the new Stealth from the boards that came before the RGB? Maybe I'll just get that in blue (before learning about the RGB from a Tested video I was in the hunt for a red backlit MX blue and not having much luck. Was looking at various brands until I came to the conclusion thru research that Corsairs were the only serious choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived