Corsair Community

Cosair Link not showing H100i

segasage

• Corsair Employee

If the UI is not opening up it should be creating a error log in the event viewer. If we can get a copy of that error log we can look into this issue further.

Event Log Submission

1.) Open up the Event Viewer. This is located in the Control Panel section of Windows.

2.) Under “Windows Logs” select “Application”. The center viewing pane will list line items regarding applications and possible errors.

3.) Any errors the program is having will be listing in this area. The error is marked with a red circle with an exclamation point in it. This also lists the source of the error and should say “Corsair Link” if it is associated with the program.

4.) Once selected (Multiple items can be selected using Ctrl + click) right click on the highlighted error(s) and select “Save selected items..”.

5.) A save dialog box will open and you will need to enter a name and select “save”.

6.) A “Display Information” dialog box will open and “No display information” should be selected. Select “OK” to proceed and save the file.

7.) Email that file to powerguy@corsair.com.

I have received the beta today, unfortunately i'm on a business trip and won't be home until tomorrow to properly test the software and give proper feedback, so i decided to test it on a laptop i have here with me. I have installed Corsair Link v3.1.5525 and the Beta v3.1.5570 (of course, uninstalling one before installing the other one). The laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9530 with a localized Windows version (Windows 8.1 Pro Spanish).

I'm really glad to report the beta v3.1.5570 can read CPU temp & load sensors flawlessly and the previous v3.1.5525 fails exactly as it did on my desktop PC, so really good news for international users with localized Windows versions. Tomorrow i'll be back home from the business trip and i will properly test the software on my desktop PC with my H80i GT & H80i AIO coolers and report my findings here, but it looks really promising.

Thanks for your time Dustin, if there's anything you want me to check with "special attention" in the software other than the "Corsair Link unable to read CPU sensors properly on localized Windows versions" bug just tell me and i'll be really glad to help.

That bug will be fixed for you in the next release. When that release is arriving, I can't say, but it's coming.

The thread from cool guy relating to the software update has been stagnant for 3 months...not surprising, cool guy has a post per day of 0.05...since he posted 2 days ago his next post will be roughly 18 days from now...who knows if it will be about link software update...

For amusement here are the possible reasons why he cant say when its coming...

1. They are not actually working on a "next release" but are playing DOTA

2. The development team quit years ago...makes sense doesn't it

3. They replaced the development team with monkeys...and monkeys don't handle deadlines all that well.

4. They actually don't care about you at all...you already paid for it remember

5. They are still finishing their studies...but DOTA is really addictive and they don't know when they will be qualified.

6. Their source code was on the titanic (Yeah its that outdated and it sank)

7. This forum is actually monitored by chatbots...this explains why they always have the same excuses and explanations...

Feel free to add your own.

The thread from cool guy relating to the software update has been stagnant for 3 months...not surprising, cool guy has a post per day of 0.05...since he posted 2 days ago his next post will be roughly 18 days from now...who knows if it will be about link software update...

For amusement here are the possible reasons why he cant say when its coming...

1. They are not actually working on a "next release" but are playing DOTA

2. The development team quit years ago...makes sense doesn't it

3. They replaced the development team with monkeys...and monkeys don't handle deadlines all that well.

4. They actually don't care about you at all...you already paid for it remember

5. They are still finishing their studies...but DOTA is really addictive and they don't know when they will be qualified.

6. Their source code was on the titanic (Yeah its that outdated and it sank)

7. This forum is actually monitored by chatbots...this explains why they always have the same excuses and explanations...

Feel free to add your own.

You may call me a chatbot but please add human to that description...

Obviously your very much agitated and very rightfully so...but when you make posts like this To me it simply shows your immaturity assuming your young,if an older individual then its simply highly inappropriate and showing childish temper tandrums..

dont blast me as you did mention adding our own...;):.

waiting 4 a solution for same problem with win 7 ultimate 64 bit Tr version

my system Amd 8350 Saphire Pure Black 990Fx Corsair Vengance Cl9 4*4 1600 Mhz 16gb Corsair Force Gt 120 gb ssd Corsair H100i Cooler Master Haf 932 case power color 7950 v2 3 gb cooled with zalman Lq135+nzxt Krankeng 10

I've been testing the beta v3.1.5570 and the localization bug seems to have been fixed, Corsair Link can now properly report CPU Temp & Load. It also finds all the other temperature sensors in my desktop system (Win 8.1 Pro Spanish). All temp sensors are working fine but the software is unable to detect my fans, it only detects CPU Fan, i have also the mobo fan and two other case fans connected to mobo headers and they are invisible to Corsair Link. I've tried with and without Q-Fan enabled in BIOS, same result. CPU fan is detected always, with or without Q-Fan enabled, but Corsair Link requires Q-Fan off for proper operation (no surprise there), all other fans are invisible to Link... Is there any trick i should try in BIOS to make the software detect the fans on X79 mobos (ASUS Rampage IV Extreme)? I've tried with other sensor monitoring programs and they can detect and read fan speeds (no other programs running when testing Corsair Link).

Windows 10 Beta reports incompatibility with Corsair Link and does not allow the program to be executed.

Hi doctorlirio, CL uses the CPUID SDK, so I would check what fans HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) reports. If that also fails to report the fans report this to the CPUID guys and I suspect they will fix it and eventually there will be a new CL that uses a fixed CPUID SDK.

Do any of AIDA64, HWiNFO or SIV report the missing fans? I develop SIV so if you post a Menu->Tools->Sensor Debug panel screen shot I will be able to comment further.

HWMonitor does report the same information as Corsair Link, the fans are missing except for CPU Fan.

AIDA64 can find and read all the fans without any problem, it works flawlessly.

I have just downloaded SIV v4.53 and used SIV64X. It can't find my fans either, same as Speedfan.

My mobo has CPU, CPU AUX, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3, OPT1, OPT2, PCH fan headers on mobo. Speedfan, HWMonitor, Corsair Link & SIV cannot find the OPT1, OPT2 and PCH ones. The reason i use OPT1 & OPT2 is because they can be controlled with Q-Fan from BIOS, and the PCH one has its own different smaller connector and also can be controlled with Q-Fan.

I might switch to the AUX headers if they can be read and controlled with software, but the PCH one is gone too... and there's no easy way to stop using that one.

Here is the Sensor Debug info from SIV:

http://i61.tinypic.com/28wfbc5.jpg

AIDA64 Sensor screenshot:

http://i57.tinypic.com/zx8pjr.jpg

It's easy to see AIDA64 ignores the headers with no fans attached to them, and can find the headers other programs cannot. And there's no mistake, my mobo physically has all the headers i wrote before: CPU, CPU AUX, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3, OPT1, OPT2, PCH.

P.D: After the screenshots i also connected a second AIO Cooler (H80i) that i will use to cool my GPU. The Corsair Link Beta can see and control both devices at the same time (H80i GT + H80i), but i had to use a registry patch for the H80i to be recognized by Corsair Link (and installed a firmware update to the H80i when it finally did). H80i GT did not need the registry patch, it was detected right away. I can change pump speed on H80i GT and can change LED color on both.

Thank you doctorlirio for the screen shots and helping me to enhance SIV to report these. The changes I made should also report these for the ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition and Formula motherboards, though I have not as yet tested them so it would be good is someone tried this with SIV 5.01 Beta-06 or later and posted the [sensor Debug] and Menu->Hardware->H/W Detail->I/O Embedded screen shots. I have let the CPUID SDK guys know how to read this information and correctly interlock access using the Global\Access_EC mutex so with luck both HWM and CL will report it eventually.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21733&stc=1&d=1431422823

1057730024_ASUSRampageIVExtreme.thumb.png.b1fbe044e3aaea99b5840572a5680465.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am still having the same issue with the new version of Link in Windows 8.1 as previously stated.

When I click on the Show Corsair Link option in the minimized menu, it never opens up. I am limited to what is in the minimized menu as stated before in this forum. If I click the Help/About option a Window does open up giving me the the Corsair HTTP Links to those items. Everything works fine in Windows 7 and this has been an issue only with Windows 8 and 8.1. Having all of the exact same symptoms as stated before. The only difference is that I did a clean install of the new Link version.

FYI... I dont even see my H100i anywhere in the minimized Link software. I only see my Asus Motherboard Fan connections and whatever is connected to it such as my GTX 970 Fan, Hard Drive temps, CPU Temp and etc. which Link must be pulling that info from the Motherboard itself. My CPU temps are good so the H100i is obviously cooling it but I plain and simply do not see it in Link anywhere.

Archived