Corsair Community

Bad Stick

X_TBONE_X

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Mo Bo Asus A8V Deluxe, CPU AMD64 3800+

The BIOS settings were mostly default, including FSB.

the only change in setting in BIOS was to set the CAS latency. It was not reading correctly in "AUTO"

No overclocking or other performance enhancments were used.

After failing to install XP and then giving me a blue screen after i finally did get it installed, it took some time before I tried testing the memory...I assumed that when you spend this kind of money on a "matched" pair of sticks, they both would work.

The one stick repeatedly failed the test both singularly and in with the other stick. It appears there is a stuck bit on one of the chips.

Thanx for your prompt response.

• Corsair Employee

Please put the memory module on slot 1 & 3; make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, and set the following settings on your BIOS;

TwinX1024-3200XL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived