Corsair Community

RAM upgrade causing crashes

Mag

Hi ramguy, I have a Corsair value select 256 pc3200 cas 2.5 ram thats been working fine. I decided to buy a 2nd stick thats exactly the same to put in dual channel. Putting the 2nd stick in causes frequent random crashes. Taking the 1st stick out and only using the 2nd stick will cause crashes also. I tested with Prime95 and the 2nd stick always gives errors while the 1st does not.

Since the two sticks are identical and i use the same bios settings(default or otherwise), I think that it's got problems.

Is there anything I can do or should I RMA here? I got it from newegg and it has been over 30 days.

Mobo: n2u400a

Cpu: 2700xp

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/Optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

VS256MB400

CPU Freq: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.7 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I just finished trying all the settings you said to in all the other posts(which is the same thing you posted here)... still no go. Crashing on the new RAM by itself, runs perfectly on the old one by itself.

Archived