Corsair Community

MSI NEO2 no display / VS1024 Kit DDR2

cudotech

Hi,

well, you see it in the other thread I opened yesterday, with my 3 256MB XMS3502 it was the same. No boot, no screen, nothing. I've the K8N Neo2 Platinum too. I've sold the modules today and bought another brand. Runs perfect with 290MHz DIMM clock now. Sell your modules. Thats the only thing that helps.

Bye,

Erik

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

VS1GBKIT533D2

Cell Menu

CPU Freq: 200

DRAM Clock: 533 MHz

PCI Express Frequency: 100

PCI Clock: 33.33 MHz

Memory or Dim Reference voltage: 1.9 Volts

System performance: Auto

Advanced/Chipset

Configure Dram timing by SPD: Disabled/User define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

*mmiqhw

If your module is running 290MHz speed which is almost DDR600 which I doubt, then that will be a very impressive memory module, but if your speed is 290MHz which is 145x2=290 and if you have PC3200 which are DDR400, then the memory that you have is not even close running at its rated speed. If this is the case, then I don't understand why you are recommending different type of memory module/s to others when it is not running at its rated speed?

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS

Hi,

thanks for your reply, i've no doubt with Corsair RAM.

two of these RAM working well with other MainBoard,

is it the MSI NEO2 Platinum I915P problem?

beside update the bios, what else can i do?

BC i've no other RAM to boot.

Archived