Corsair Community

How to adjust LED according to temp?

iggl3p1ggle

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting the LED to change colours according to temperature on the H80i

It always seems to stay blue (which is the lowest temp colour setting), regardless of temp.

settings are: 32;50;90 in each profile. Have I done this bit right?

Also it doesn't always seem to be persistent after a reboot... LED reverts to a pale lilac... need to open corsair link and re apply the setting.

When changing profiles, with the same temp options, it ignores them also and will change to red. Again need to reopen corsair link and re apply.

Anyone able to assist? Thank You

The H80i Temp is the temperature of the cooler water. Along with your Link's CPU temp, you should have an additional CPU temp in your motherboard temps. My ASUS MB had 4 long-named temps that looked the same in the Link System display, but in the display, when I deleted all the ASUS verbage, I had a MB CPU temp, a Mainboard temp and 2 TZ temps.

I grouped my cooler fans to the pump, the pump to the CPU, and all my fans to the CPU, so that when the CPU heats up, all my fans and the pump speed up, and when the pump speeds up, the cooler fans speed up.

I grouped my cooler fans to the pump, the pump to the CPU, and all my fans to the CPU, so that when the CPU heats up, all my fans and the pump speed up, and when the pump speeds up, the cooler fans speed up.

if you have things connected per factory specs then im confused as to how your pump speeds up as its on a fixed speed...

perhaps you erred in how you worded your post which will lead others to think the pump speed is controllable...

The H80i Temp is the temperature of the cooler water. Along with your Link's CPU temp, you should have an additional CPU temp in your motherboard temps. My ASUS MB had 4 long-named temps that looked the same in the Link System display, but in the display, when I deleted all the ASUS verbage, I had a MB CPU temp, a Mainboard temp and 2 TZ temps.

I know you can't adjust the pump speed, its fixed.

But does that mean I have set it up all wrong? I thought you didn't have to group things together to adjust fan speeds etc... I thought it was smart enough to adjust fan speeds according to temp itself.

if the software is not running,it will use a default fan curve .,,if using the software then the h80i temp icon is best to use as the curve trigger

once doing just run a stress test to check your fan curve...

here is one of mine

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e152/wytnyt123/th_4930-2_zpsf68ef5b0.mp4

Thank You so much for that info, I have re shuffled my groups and now the LED reflects the CPU temp and the cooler fans adjust according to the CPU temp.

I didn't group the pump as it's always at a constant speed.

It's a shame the software isn't a bit more intuitive.

Again, many thanks :-)

Archived