Corsair Community

Rma Cmx512-3200c2pt

3fitty

I have 2 sticks of CMX512-3200C2PT and I'm having some problems with Windows XP Pro restarting before it completes the boot-up process. I ran Goldmemory test on them and the test failed. So I pulled one of the sticks out and it passed the test. I swapped the sticks and ran the test again but this time it failed. I had to be sure that that stick of ram was bad so I installed it in my friends computer and it failed the test. I need to RMA the bad stick of RAM so I can have 1GB of RAM again.

Here are the components in my system.

ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard w/ Athlon64 3200

Radeon 9800Pro video card

Western Digital WD200JB hard drive

Acer 16x DVD

Update:

I downloaded memtest86+ and I'm still getting the same results. I left all of my bios settings on default.

• Corsair Employee

Please put the memory module on slot 1 & 3; make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, and set the following settings on your BIOS;

CMX512-3200C2

Advanced Chipset:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

Hypertransport: 4X

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

Spread Spectrum: Enabled

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I configured my BIOS according to your directions and the same stick still fails memtest86.

I've tested the RAM at the same time installed in slot 1 and 3. And I've tested them seperately and the same stick of RAM fails everytime.

Archived