Corsair Community

Faulty memory module

softlion

Hi,

I've got a faulty memory module model # XMS3502v1.1 (DDR433, Platinum series, BH5).

I've baught it in France in an online shop in october last year but the shop have ceased trading last month.

It has worked ok for a year. I've tested it with memtest86 : now it has errors at frequencies over 200MHz (it should go at at least 217).

My MB is a Asus P4C00-E Deluxe v1.x, P4 3.0C, FSB 800, running without errors at 230MHz / 1:1 with other memory modules (adata).

Bios version 1018 then 1019 (latest).

Bios settings:

ram voltage 2.75

cpu voltage auto

fsb 217 down to 200

ram speed 1:1 (= 2*fsb)

ram setting tested: 2 2 2 8 (used to), then 2 3 3 8 even 2.5,4,4,4

perfs settings: tryed auto/normal/fast

You can send me an email or a private forum message.

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee

Please load setup defaults with just our module installed and then set the following settings and test the module with http://www.memtest.org

CPU Freq: 200

DDR Voltage 2.75

cpu Voltage auto

System performance: Auto

DRAM Freq: 400

Legacy USB: Disabled when running any memory test w/ Any ASUS P4 MB.

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Hi,

I've tryed that and it's working of course because it's already running correctly at 200. But as I told in my first post it's ddr 433 not 400 so it should run at least at 216 (it has run correctly for a year). And with the same config. you've given me memtest still shows lots of errors.

I've another module of the exact same kind, brand and model (it was a twin pack) which runs fine alone at 216. That's why I'm certain the module is faulty.

Last thing: the memory config. you've given is for CH5 memory on P4, and here what I have is BH5 memory modules (v1.1, not v2 or v1.2).

So what's the next step ?

• Corsair Employee
We did not offer a Twinx set of XMS3500C2 modules. Please tell me the exact part# you have. If the module is passing at the settings I gave you then you can try Cass 2-3-3-7 at 216 MHz at 2.8 Volts and see if it will pass. But we only guarantee one module at these settings with 2 modules the suggested settings would be what I gave you previously DDR400 at Cass 2-3-2-6 at 2.7 Volts. You are welcome to submit a RMA request but this module is no longer available, so I would submit the RMA for both modules if you are running them in the same system.

> We did not offer a Twinx set of XMS3500C2 modules. Please tell me the exact part# you have.

part# (both are identical):

Corsair Platinum series CMX512-3500C2PT (XMS3502v1.1 / 0335097)

You're right, it was sold by pair but not as twinx.

> You are welcome to submit a RMA request but this module is no longer available

So what would it be replaced by then ?

I've tried with one module (the bad one) at 216 with the settings you gave and i still have errors. If I run both modules in my system, I should submit a rma for both ? Will it be accepted ?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Yes you should submit the request and I would suggest you send both or as pair modules if they were purchased as pair set! These modules will be replaced by the same type or equivalent value. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived