Corsair Community

(Unofficial) Linux / OSX Driver

MSC

Fixed my Trippy issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling. However, a new issue has popped up in v0.23: my mouse cursor flies to the upper left hand corner whenever I click on something. After the 4th or 5th attempt it will click on the intended location. Right-clicking behaves as expected. I have regressed to v0.22 for the time being which is not exhibiting the issue.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the CKB driver for the Scimitar mouse on my mac. I cannot get the scroll wheel to work. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

As well, when I leave it plugged in and restart the computer none of the external displays (I have two, it's a laptop) show up. I have to restart with the mouse unplugged.

First, I want to thank you so much for making this driver! I've wanted a K65 + M65 (both RGB) for a while, but there were a couple things in my way.

Firstly I solely use a hackintosh and I hate Cherry MX Reds. When I found out about this unofficial driver by complete accident, I knew I just had to put the effort in to change the keyboard to Cherry MX Blue switches. So with the help of a friend and a few hours, we swapped out the switches and put the switches in the clear casings and soldered it to the keyboard so I have a fully functional MX Blue keyboard. And wow, I love this keyboard and this software lets me use one of my favorite keyboards ever with any OS I want to. So I just wanted to thank you for putting so much effort into this software, it means a lot =)

The driver works great, but I've noticed a few quirks specifically with the mouse. I rebound (rebinded?) some of my mouse buttons for media controls, and I have the Sniper button switch between profiles so I have more bindings. However I've noticed that if I haven't switched profiles in a while that it takes two clicks to actually switch between. Same thing happens with the other media control buttons, too. If I don't use those buttons for too long, it takes two clicks to register the action. But immediately after that the buttons work fine until I stop using the buttons for a little bit again.

Another weird error is that sometimes if I try changing the mouse bindings on my mouse that the driver completely crashes, and other times it doesn't. I've only noticed it with the two side buttons when trying to change them to media controls or function keys on the keyboard. I made sure to be updated to ckb beta-v0.2.4, and I tested to see if it was because I have my mouse/keyboard at 60Hz with spatial dithering, but that didn't make a difference. I also have them plugged into a USB hub because my keyboard makes my internal USB controller unstable and causes all devices to randomly turn off/disconnect so I need a hub for it to be stable. Don't think that would be a factor, but I figured I'd give any info that might be useful.

Keep up the great work!

OK i got a response from Toasted. He said

If your Scimitar is on FW2.01 you will probably have to downgrade it as it has probably not been tested in CKB.

But that will be an issue as it will result in the the problems again in windows of locking up and stuff like other people post on corsair

SO my question is to the developer of ckb is it up to date with this mouse and firmware. If not can you make up to date please for firmware 2.0 so i can use my awesome mouse on Linux. I'm sure everybody else would too Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for this! :biggrin:

Installed with no problems as per the instructions. This is regarding the "ckb beta-v0.2.3", I haven't tried the macro version mentioned above by Frickler.

My Corsair Strafe RGB now works on my Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit (I haven't updated in a while, I'm a pretty casual Linux user for the time being). I've only installed it and played around with it a bit. Seems to work great!

Nice touch with the "Lock lights" btw! (Except the Scroll lock doesn't seem to work, just saying). As for layouts I have "Norwegian", or is it "Nordic" probably, so I chose "Swedish", which seems to work great (from my understanding basically the same layout, except two keys are swapped. Which I've done, but that's not really important as it doesn't affect the lighting).

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for putting together this driver!

I"m on a mid-2015 Macbook Pro 15"

Here's what happened in order:

1. I bought and setup a scimitar mouse. I got it working fine.

2. I bought and setup a K95 RGB.

3. The CKB driver panel shows the keyboard but the mouse is no longer recognized.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for putting together this driver!

I"m on a mid-2015 Macbook Pro 15"

Here's what happened in order:

1. I bought and setup a scimitar mouse. I got it working fine.

2. I bought and setup a K95 RGB.

3. The CKB driver panel shows the keyboard but the mouse is no longer recognized.

Thoughts?

Thanks again!

I can't get the mouse to work either on ckb cyn-ack

right here with you :[pouts:

Hey, are there any plans to add support for the Corsair Void line of headsets (for the lighting etc.) as it would be nice to have a way to disable the lights.

I mean, it'd also be nice to be able to control the Dolby 7.1 virtual surround but anything would be awesome!

Hello,

I installed the driver on Debian 7 and it works. However, when I run the quickinstall script,

i get the following message after the compilation:

No supported system service daemons detected.

You will need to start the driver manually.

Start it now [Y/n]?

So I started the driver manually and it worked. Since I am no linux guru, and I lack the knowledge to add it in a script in /etc/init.d/ , I load it from /etc/rc.local. It works, but I noticed that it prevents the system from loading tty1-tty6 so pressing ctrl-alt+f1 through f6 gets me to a blank screen.

Any help will be more than appreciated.

*edit*

I have the K70 non RGB

I have a K70 nonRPG funtions key (Pause, play, volume, light controls, all keys worked well without driver, caplock/numlock light not work), after installed driver on MAC OS X 10.11.3, caplock light work, numlock light not work and when i use Photoshop Ctrl+ to Zoom but it did not work ! Edited by Pein1911

Now I had some time to implement the function of macro definition in the ckb driver.

You may have a first look at a short video tutorial (no sound because of my bad english :roll:):

And sorry for the typos in the demo [...].

That implementation is in the testing stage at ccMSCs Github now.

For the bug with long macros described in the earlier post, I have placed a checkbox at the Setup panel (not shown in the Video). If you encounter problems with suppressed chars, you should select the appropriate checkbox.

The implementation is tested on mint 17.1, 17.2 and 17.3 (Rose).

The combination of a K95RGB with a M65RGB had a bug which is fixed in the testing stage.

Now I'm working on the combination of G-Keks ans modifiers like shift. That will take some additional time.

First scratch for the User Interface is ready. Because I do not own an Apple or hackintosh installation: If anyone likes to give first feedback on the usability, pls post here.

Edited by Frickler

I seem to be unable to change the three buttons on the top of my corsair k70 RGB keyboard that i am using with my mac. The buttons are the one with the sun image that changes the backlighting, the windows lock button with an image of a padlock on it, and the mute media button with the muted speaker on it. I am able to alter the colour of all of the other keys so am confused.

I am also struggling to change the binding of the backslash and hashtag keys, along with the speech marks that are on the 2 key. I am able to change the binding of the other keys so i am again confused why it is not working. I believe that the software is working properly and it is very good, I actually believe that it is my mac that thinks that it is a forward slash but just outputs a ` anyway.

~ does |

| does ~

" does @

@ does "

\ does `

hashtag (which i cannot find) does \

If anyone knows what is happening or has a possible solution please help

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post

H4rryR4dford

I seem to be unable to change the three buttons on the top of my corsair k70 RGB keyboard that i am using with my mac. The buttons are the one with the sun image that changes the backlighting, the windows lock button with an image of a padlock on it, and the mute media button with the muted speaker on it. I am able to alter the colour of all of the other keys so am confused.

This should work. I am able to change them on my K65 RGB. It's funny because you can actually modify them more in OS X than you can in the Windows using the official software and driver.

One issue I am having on my K65 RGB is that I cannot change the binding for the Fn key. I want to make that the right option key and use the menu key for Fn. I just ordered some custom backlit etched keycaps to turn it into a Mac keyboard so I would really like to be able to alter that binding.

PS: I am running CKB v0.2.4

One issue I am having on my K65 RGB is that I cannot change the binding for the Fn key. I want to make that the right option key and use the menu key for Fn. I just ordered some custom backlit etched keycaps to turn it into a Mac keyboard so I would really like to be able to alter that binding.

PS: I am running CKB v0.2.4

Oh, what keycaps did you get? I'm actually kind of interested. Are the letters translucent to let the LEDs through?

Oh, what keycaps did you get? I'm actually kind of interested. Are the letters translucent to let the LEDs through?

I ordered them from Max Keyboard - http://www.maxkeyboard.com/custom-backlight-compatible-keycap-for-backlit-keyboard.html. I have been waiting since September 2015 when then said they would be offering the service but it didn't go live till about 3 weeks ago.

They should be here on the 17th and I can post pictures then. Yes the letters should let the LED's shine through. If they come out good I will post the Adobe Illustrator files I made and sent them to match the font and size of the legends on my K65 RGB.

Got my OS X keys from Max Keyboard and they came out awesome! Here are the files I used to create the key legends: K65 RGB Mac Keys.zip. FYI the font is Gotham Bold for the K65/K70/K95.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j383/mhennessie/IMG_0430_zpso6z3fkca.jpg

Oh wow, that's awesome! When I get back from work I'll have to search through these because they look quite nice. I've been looking for something like this for a while and never quite found it, but these look perfect!

Oh wow, that's awesome! When I get back from work I'll have to search through these because they look quite nice. I've been looking for something like this for a while and never quite found it, but these look perfect!

The service is custom so you have to upload the artwork and there isn't really anything to browse. They do have some in stock novelty keys with logos and stuff that work as well. The WASD Keyboards site has some good diagrams for most keyboards that will show you the right keycap sizes to order. These keys look and feel completely stock which is exactly what I was hoping for. The only thing I might do different is to size "Option" to be the same size as "Command".

Edited by Slim.Jim