Corsair Community

RGB K95/K70 Reviews and issues

Terrum

I've seen a lot of reviews regarding the new MX RGB keyboards that Corsair have released about LEDs dead on arrival, software being choppy and very little positive reviews. Is there anything Corsair personally has to say about this?

I ordered an RGB K95 (from eBuyer in a UK location) and was surprised to receive it quite quickly, but I too had a few LEDs dead on arrival and the software even goes as bad as freezing other software (such as Steam on the occasion). I understand it's a new keyboard but are Corsair actually putting their best efforts into fixing such issues?

I'm also curious as to how long warranty lasts. I'm probably going to be making a ton of RMAs even if a single LED goes out (especially for a premium cost keyboard) :eyebuldge

I've seen a lot of reviews regarding the new MX RGB keyboards that Corsair have released about LEDs dead on arrival, software being choppy and very little positive reviews. Is there anything Corsair personally has to say about this?

I ordered an RGB K95 (from eBuyer in a UK location) and was surprised to receive it quite quickly, but I too had a few LEDs dead on arrival and the software even goes as bad as freezing other software (such as Steam on the occasion). I understand it's a new keyboard but are Corsair actually putting their best efforts into fixing such issues?

I'm also curious as to how long warranty lasts. I'm probably going to be making a ton of RMAs even if a single LED goes out (especially for a premium cost keyboard) :eyebuldge

It could be the firmware issue that's plaguing most of us in the EU/UK were the " \" and "#" keys are not lit up due to a firmware issue/wrong key layout in the firmware.

From what I have seen most of those reporting issues with the RGB LED's not working are from UK/Germany/Europe. It looks like it is a known issue and it should be taken care of by Corsair through a software or firmware update.

I am not aware of any reviews where the new LED's are dead like some of the issues I heard about with the prior K70/95 keyboards.

Ah, okay. It does appear to be the "\" and "#" keys that are not lit up - should have searched. Apologies!

However I'm not sure whether this is normal or not, but when using gradient colour changes, it seems to change colours very slowly, as if they were fading at 1 frames per second or something. I think it's the software. Anyone else experiencing this? I would make a video but it probably wouldn't be so easy to capture on camera.

Archived