Corsair Community

Link doesn't see my h100i?

Keltik

I've just built a new system. And I connected the tiny digital link cable from the side of the h100i to the mini commander. But it doesn't show up in link?

I've tried reinstalling link but i cannot get it to be recognised.

From what I've read I don't need to use the USB on the h100i, just the link cable to the mini commander (which is connected to USB header). Is this right?

I'm running Windows 7. What can I do?

Hi Keltik, I also built a new pc. I read a lot on the forum, but could not find the correct answer. The only solution I found was putting a mini usb cable into the cooler and the other site usb connector into an usb 3.0, NOT USB 2.0, connector. Now it works fine, also after re-boot. MS Win8.1 has some new USB futures for USB 2.0/3.0. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/02/19/supporting-d3cold-for-usb-devices.aspx

Thanks guys. I unplugged and plugged the mini commander and h100i into different USB header a couple of times. I was literally giving up and about to reinstall Windows when it miraculously appeared in link. Occasionally it read 0 across all fans and pump on the h100i.. Not sure why. Also I have two gpu's in sli and it only reads one but theses aren't big issues, I'm just glad I've got my fan curves and led's working.

Archived