Corsair Community

iLink Commander Mini Firmware?

hsolano

I see a thread posted for the full size commander's firmware but nothing for the mini. Are there any other versions of the firmware prior to 1.5.1?

Maybe previous versions are more stable or have less issues?

I have:

Windows 8.1 Pro

AsRock Z97 Extreme6

5 fans + 1 PWM water pump

3 temp sensors

No LED lights

It started not recognizing the USB device but that went away after a cycle uninstalling, cleaning the registry and APPS files, rebooting and reinstalling.

Now the device is seen but nothing appears attached to it, even though the fans are at the last set speed.

Maybe an ETA from Corsair? Any news of beta versions of Firmware or Software?

We are the early adopters, and every mainstream user thinking about spending $60 on this device will be hearing from us. It is up to Corsair to influence what they hear.

Lots of products have gone the way of the HD-DVD because of poor communications and poor support. Please don't treat these posts like support requests, we are all having issues, they seem to be the same issues.

It is not the PCs, it's the software/firmware. Please fix them both, but don't just wait until you release it to tell us about it.

An informed customer is a happy customer.

All the same issues here. You know what really drives me mad? Corsair announced that they will delay the commander mini hardware until they feel that the software is usable. I assume that was done in order to avoid negative consumer backlash and tarnishing their image.

If this is their idea of usable software, I'm really at a loss. So far, I've spent over 10 hours trying to get the commander mini and the h100i to play nice with my setup and I'm considering not using any corsair products in any of my future builds.

So if they released a product with unusable software, are we not entitled to a refund of the product and the shipping because we were sold defective goods, by their admission.

This is also inter-state commerce, so applicable federal and postal laws may also apply here. I would like to see Corsair's position on refunding those who request it, and maybe even offering good will coupons for time lost and inconvenience.

After all, per federal procedure it only takes 5 people to sue to get this classified as 'class action' as we can represent all those who were wronged by Corsair.

By the way, I'm taking a screenshot of this post as evidence, in case it suddenly disappears.

Corsair, please show your public relations face, don't just leave the poor support folks to fend for themselves.

Let's find and amicable solution to this issue.

Still no response from anyone from Corsair corporate. Like I posted elsewhere, maybe we should start a campaign to get this some attention. I know that the review sites would be more than willing to listen. Especially Tom's Hardware. Maybe a twitter campaign as well?

If we make enough noise, this will be addressed...

When you close the software, do you hear a disconnect/reconnect sound about every ~2-5 seconds?

If so, try the registry fix.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120962

Note: You will need to match the hardware ids to your Commander Mini.

For the fans not being detected, have you tried switching the fan plugs around? That helped for some when they experienced fan detection issues on the original Cooling Node.

It's probably best that you call Customer Service via phone and explain that you would like a refund.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number on their website.

When you close the software, do you hear a disconnect/reconnect sound about every ~2-5 seconds?

If so, try the registry fix.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120962

Note: You will need to match the hardware ids to your Commander Mini.

For the fans not being detected, have you tried switching the fan plugs around? That helped for some when they experienced fan detection issues on the original Cooling Node.

It's probably best that you call Customer Service via phone and explain that you would like a refund.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number on their website.

Thank you for your response, I tried the registry fix, with another round of re-installing and same results. I don't believe it to be a detection issue because of I disconnect the unit from the header I get a disconnect sound and when I reconnect I get a connect sound. I see the device in Device Manager, and I see it in the Link software. It just has no fans, light or temp sensors at all.

I tried unplugging all other USB devices, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

I tried disable/enable registry process, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

I tried unplugging all fans,temp probes, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

I tried only plugging in 1 4-pin Cougar PWN fan, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

I tried only plugging in 1 3-pin Corsair 120 SP fan, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

I tried only plugging in 1 3-pin Corsair 200mm fan, then complete cleanup and reinstall.

All of these, in addition to what has been posted. No success from any of these.

I will contact support for the refund request today.

*****I did this stuff at my own risk, and so will you if you want to give it a try. (was easy)*****

I had issues with 1.1.5 so I downgraded it and it's working much better now. I'm waiting for the next update. When you install each different version of the software you can find its firmware in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link\FirmwareImages

Looking at that path the file associated to the firmware for the commander mini for version 2.7.5339 is: CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.5.s19.gz

Once I knew that I figured if I could find an earlier version of the firmware I could rename the file to the following and it might try to upgrade: CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz

This worked like a charm.

I found earlier versions of corsair link here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118618

From this link I downloaded version "BETA Version 2.6.5214".

I had to uninstall the current version first then reinstall the "BETA Version 2.6.5214". With this version installed all I did was copy the older firmware for the commander mini found in the FirmwareImages folder with the file name: CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.0.s19.gz

With a copy of this file I unistalled "BETA Version 2.6.5214" and reinstalled 2.7.5339. I took the firmware version: CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.0.s19.gz and renamed it to CorsairLinkChassisFW_1.1.6.s19.gz and placed it in the FirmwareImages folder. The software asked me if I wanted to upgrade, effectively downgrading me to 1.1.0 from 1.1.5

This resolved most of my issues, all my sensors came back. I can see everything. I'm not going back to 1.1.5 it's cursed, I'll wait for something newer.

Archived