Corsair Community

VS 550 fan not spinning

K4G7

Yesterday I bought a new VS550 and the fan is not spinning at all.I read on some websites that corsair PSU fans don't spin until they are on heavy load,but mine gets overheated and shuts down after 5 mins of gaming without the fan starting.

Is the PSU faulty or am I missing something?

• Corsair Employee

Yeah. VS fan should always spin.

One quick thing you can do before returning the PSU.... Take a pencil, and with the eraser side push down on the center hub of the fan to make sure it's fully seated.

I've see a few PSUs that, when they get dropped, the fan blade body will become detached from the spindle side of the fan and the fan won't spin. But 9 out of 10 times the fan can be popped back into place.

The PSUs are all burned in for a few hours before they ship, so you know the PSU didn't leave the factory that way. So I bet it was dropped somewhere in transit.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah. VS fan should always spin.

One quick thing you can do before returning the PSU.... Take a pencil, and with the eraser side push down on the center hub of the fan to make sure it's fully seated.

I've see a few PSUs that, when they get dropped, the fan blade body will become detached from the spindle side of the fan and the fan won't spin. But 9 out of 10 times the fan can be popped back into place.

The PSUs are all burned in for a few hours before they ship, so you know the PSU didn't leave the factory that way. So I bet it was dropped somewhere in transit.

This +1:D:

Archived