Corsair Community

Recent posts about H80i and other systems making noise.

kuddin

So I bought my H80i system a week ago. I had read that it could have a lot of noise but I was not prepared for the noise it put out. I was at a loss.

Corsair link did not show all that should be there and I could not change any fan speeds. What was the problem?

I searched and searched and then I came upon this forum post. It seems that corsair link will not function well with windows 8.1 and corsair is not doing anything to fix it......

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

I did the automated workaround and now every time windows loads up this "script" runs and corsair link runs like it should. Everything works, i can even change colors on the leds which was not even found before.

So i say to you if you have loud high pitch noise from the fans they are probably running at full speed all the time or atleast ~2300rpm like mine. I run both fans now at ~1200rpm and my overclocked fx8350 (4ghz-4,7ghz) is at ~18c at idle, ~25c normal load and ~30 full load in heavy games.

And if corsair link does not find your H80i pump or fans then i recommend doing this.

• Administrators

I searched and searched and then I came upon this forum post. It seems that corsair link will not function well with windows 8.1 and corsair is not doing anything to fix it......

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

That thread's over a year old. If you check out the stickies you'll see mentions of a Windows 8.1 update from last December (2.5.5145), and the most recent version (2.7.5339) fixed detection issues on some platforms on Windows 8/8.1.

the "update" did not fix anything for me. this post is the only thing that has helped me.

and btw don't you think i have tried every single ****ing thing possible out there before resorting to older tricks?

with your post did you just want to feel superior and shut me down for linking to a year old post that ACTUALLY WORKS?

Archived