Corsair Community

AXi 760 - the problem 24 pin

forttres

I have a problem, power supplies without cables turn on, after I connect cable 24 pin power supplies doesn't start. After I turn off one of them it starts and when I change connector it also starts without problems. When I turn on all of connectors, computer doesn't react ( I hear transmitter ). After night computer starst for the first time. If I turn off, I have to wait about 10-15 min to turn on again.

LED on a power supplies lights on green. Without cable 24 pin power supplies turn on without problems after I press self test.

• Corsair Employee

The self test isn't supposed to work with cables attached, so that part makes sense.

It sounds like you have a short somewhere. Like your motherboard is touching metal or something. Try to isolate that, even if it means pulling the motherboard from the chassis and powering it up on something non-conductive like a wooden bench/table.

Like I read it, I would say your mainboard is making a problem, I had this same problem a long time ago, psu worked, attached the 24 pin to mobo, nothing happend, mobo didn't powered one most of the time and when it did, it started and till the bios showed up and then restarted again, over and over again, after putting a other psu on it and with the same results. I took a good look at the mainboard and there where some capacitors that regulate the power to the cpu that were black. So it was the mainboard. You could have a look at your mobo and watch if the capacitors aren't black or they aren't convex on top. A good look never hurts.

Archived