Corsair Community

Question for 760T owners: side window rainbow effect, is it normal?

mlx.milano

Hi,

I just finished my new build in the Corsair 760T white case. I love the case, is beautiful!

However, I have a problem with the transparent side pannel window: could you please tell me if those strange "rainbow" reflections near the handle are normal (see the 2 pictures)? It is visible only if you look at the window with an angle greater than 45° (so not in front) and when there is light on it.

I guess it is due to the process of cutting the plastic to insert the handle, since the rest is just perfect, however I don't know if this is normal or I should go for an RMA. Please any 760T owner could tell me if he has the same strange effect?

Thank you!

sidePannel1Small.thumb.jpg.1a96591f3225b8f7901a321b87b6712a.jpg

sidePannel2Small.thumb.jpg.633100ab988dcb97d70a1ef217abb7ce.jpg

Hi,

I am sure it is not the monitor. Actually I used the light of the monitor to make it more evident in the pictures, however it is visible even with any other light. I will try to take other pictures Monday when I will be back home.

Does anybody has this effect or I am the only one?

Thanks..

Hi again,

I was searching on google for images of the case and I found this one (this is not mine):

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7904/760T_04.JPG

You can clearly see it in this picture, and actually it is very similar to the one I observe in my case.

Searching for other pictures I got this where it is barely visible (look above the VGA red cables):

http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/corsair-graphite-760t.jpg

So my actual question is: "does all the Corsair 760T cases have this issue?"

It the answer is yes then I will live with that. However, if the answer is no, I will ask for RMA, so PLEASE let me know what you observe on your case.

Thanks!

It's plastic and with the darker windows you can see this when the light is shining at the right angle and like you say, looking at the side and not in the front. With a clear window you see this less, but with right light and viewing angle you also can see this a little. You can always send the pictures to Corsair tech support and let them replace it, but I think you will likely see this also with a new panel.

Archived