Corsair Community

High CPU Usage?

LeRoy3rd

I just got an i7-4790k, and noticed that CorsairLINK, running in the background with system at idle, is using over 2% of my CPU... Is this normal? Seems pretty high... Is there anything I can do to reduce the CPU footprint?

2%?

thats nothing to be concerned over,considering its constantly polling multiple sensors..

no offense please but this a problem shared by many and that is not understanding computer functions

the reason link shows activity is its in constant use.

your task manager shows whats opened on boot and since boot but as a rule remains inactive till called upon for use,,,the programs being in TM allows for rapid startup...

attachment.php?attachmentid=18707&d=1407355112

:praise::bigeyes:

That's the POWER of H80i! <--- You can quote me on that!

Lol, I think it's a Windows 8.1 glitch, I believe it's using all 8 threads as the basis for this, since when I OC it changes accordingly.

-LeRoy3rd

Looks like the strange/awesome 27GHz reporting was part of the HORRIBLE motherboard I bought... It was also not reporting ANY of the fans to windows, so I could only control them through BIOS (tried openhardware, hardware monitor pro, speed fan, etc, nothing could even SEE the fans). Returned motherboard, got a new one, now it reports the correct CPU speed, AND the motherboard passes the fan info to windows, meaning I can now see and control all of my fans (7 of them!), even using CorsairLink. Good Times. It should be noted that I'm still frothing at the mouth for the Link Commander Mini...

-LeRoy3rd

• 1 month later...

I got the same "problem".

Well maybe not a problem, but it bugs me why Corsair Link uses up to 6% of the CPU in idle?

And the weird part is if I kill it and start it again it takes less than 0.5% until some time later.

So it looks like it is progressing and increasing its CPU usage over time.

• 1 month later...

Archived