Corsair Community

what do you use for case lighting?

wytnyt

i dont have enough strips to use in my build and would like to know what others use.

ive found long strips connected to 12v but im looking for short strips that are rgb and can be controlled.

ive looked a few places including fcpu but cant find what im looking for

any suggestions would be most appreciated...

thx for posting,i saw these on fcpu and did like the idea but the way my case is set up i need shorter strips no longer than 4''.

i saw somewhere that led strips could be bought and cut down to length.

another factor is im used to having computer load determine color changes but its doubtful finding kits like that...,i also thought about pulling from another build but dont want to rob peter to give to paul...:D:

do you know if extension cables are available to avoid having continuous leds?

some area are hard to navigate on fcpu,i found this out the hard way and ended up with a couple hundred $ in cooling parts...:D:

They don't make extension cables for them they just connect together via small connectors. Looks easy enough to solder wire to them though. Or just use multiple kits in multiple spots. (would mean more remotes) 2 should light up your average case like crazy.

do you know if extension cables are available to avoid having continuous leds?

some area are hard to navigate on fcpu,i found this out the hard way and ended up with a couple hundred $ in cooling parts...:D:

you just got lost on the site :p::D:

SMD5050 RGB. I have around 60 feet of the stuff and it is absolutely fantastic. You can daisy chain it, get a new controller for it to control the lighting even more, and it's got built in overamperage protection so you can hook it up to molex and it will never get overpowered and blow. :D

Go to Fry's.com, they are a SF bay area electronics retailer they have lots of lights.

Oh, and it is easy to get lost on there web sight (you've been warned).

Also, Depending on how creative you want to get with this project, Try "adafruit" they have simple to complex setups using the "Raspberry pi" as a base for just this kind of thing! (look under "Neopixel")

I've been looking to do it myself, but I'm still in the research mode for now.

Archived