Corsair Community

ASUS RIVBE 4 pin headers and H110 cooler

LJH

Hi Folks,

I've acquired a Corsair H110 closed loop cooler and I'm installing onto a Rampage IV Black Edition Mobo. The Mobo has 8 x 4 pin PWM headers, two of which are CPU-Fan and CPU-Opt. I assume the two [Noctua 4 pin] fans will be connected to the CPU-Opt via a splitter cable but happy to be told otherwise.

The issue I have is where to connect the pump 3 pin plug, bearing in mind they are all 4 pin headers and I assume the pump needs to run at full speed.

Any guidance please from someone who has already crossed this bridge.

Cheers,

LJ

Hi Folks,

I've acquired a Corsair H110 closed loop cooler and I'm installing onto a Rampage IV Black Edition Mobo. The Mobo has 8 x 4 pin PWM headers, two of which are CPU-Fan and CPU-Opt. I assume the two [Noctua 4 pin] fans will be connected to the CPU-Opt via a splitter cable but happy to be told otherwise.

The issue I have is where to connect the pump 3 pin plug, bearing in mind they are all 4 pin headers and I assume the pump needs to run at full speed.

Any guidance please from someone who has already crossed this bridge.

Cheers,

LJ

you can connect the 3 pin to any 4 pin, some will tell you to connect the 3 pin to CPU-Fan and disable automatic settings so it will run at full speed at all times. (just remember to disable auto settings so it will run at 100%)

Ok sounds feasible but which of the 4 pins in the header need to be connected to the 3 pins in the plug and/or do I need a conversion lead

Connect both noctua fans to the Y splitter (noctua fans come with them, if not Get yourself a fan splitter, 5 bucks on amazon (CPF01) and connect both fans to the splitter and the splitter to cpu_fan , connect the pump directly to cpu_opt without any conversion lead.

UPDATE: HOODedAssault beat me to it

Archived