Corsair Community

asus p5p43td pro compatible with corsair xms3 4x4gb 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v ?

akiskam

please help me cause i dont know what to do exactly,i tried some things but i have black screen when i put the new memories.The old one memories are corsair xms3 2x2gb 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 1.6v

and the new ones corsair xms3 4x4gb 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5v.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5P43TD_PRO/HelpDesk_M... my motherboard is asus p5p43td pro. i think i must overclock the rams from bios or set the right settings from bios in order to recognize them but i dont know what to do..please help me..

i have already read the manual before i write in that post so this is not the problem..i am asking help in order to change bios settings from auto to manual or x.m.p. in order to boot the new memories...Anything else i did,tried one by one in every slot,tried pairs,tried combination pair with the old ones,all was black screen..Never boot with the new ones..

ok but the manual of motherboard doesnt inform me what settings i need for the new ram i have.I know that only with manually settings of bios will boot the new ram.Am i mistaken?People i watch in youtube,changing manually the bios to adjust the new rams but i cant find anyone with mine compination.Also i cant trust Asus suggestions of compatible rams cause if you see,the last update is from the year 2009.The rams they suggest in about 2x2 gb or 3x2 gb but the manual sais that i can put max 16gb ram ,4 gb on every slot...That what i am trying...

i would gladly go step by step for you if i knew your board but i dont so i cant but never less,,,you dont need to make any particular changes in bios,you only need to reset the bios to put it in its neutral state for your memory.

look in your manual to just reset the bios,if it doesnt detect the memory then chances are it isnt compatible ...

new rams not booting...

have you tried with just 1 stick? 2 sticks?

Also what bios version do you have? There is an update that addresses memory compatibility (0705). So you might want to update to latest one Version 0710.

of course but nothing...Maybe is not compatible...I think that there is a tool from corsair that sais about compatibility..And mine isnt listed..

yep, I tried the memory finder with no luck. I tried another and just got 1600 ram for your board which I know its compatible overclocked on your motherboard. So I don't get why the 1333 is not working. Have you tried putting the new sticks on a different computer just to check if they are working? Maybe those sticks are not compatible with you motherboard as you said.....

Archived