Corsair Community

H100i Issues

Butcher89

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a H100i cooler, and first off the fans defaulted to being very fast and loud. I installed the corsair link software downloaded from the product page, but it didn't detect the cooler and I wasn't able to control the fan speed.

I then tried the USB cable in the header port where my front of panel USB cable was plugged in and it then detected the fans properly and I could control the speed etc and everything was fine.

But now when I restart it again doesn't detect the h100i although it does seem to remember the fan speed settings and LED light etc...

Sometimes unplugging the USB header and plugging it back in works but not always.

I've tried using the updated corsair link beta software but that seemed to make things work, showing strange number of devices on the left hand side of the program.

I am running Windows 8.1 - I'm not sure how to show the firmware version if it's not detected?

Thanks

It seems unplugging the USB cable from the motherboard header and putting it back in does seem to do the trick most of the time - so it doesn't seem to be a cable issue like some other threads seem to suggest.

Under devices and Corsair H100i, the version says 1.0.5 - is that the latest firmware?

Getting a bit tired of wasting so much time on this, it's not a cheap unit - you expect it to work out of the box with an operating system that is quite widely adopted now.

I am running Windows 8.1, and not using the Link software as it is somewhat buggy still with 8.1.

I plugged mine up per the instructions, and the H100i is running beautifully at whatever the default profile that is hard coded in is, which I believe is balanced.

Fans are very quiet, and it cools my cpu very well.

Ironically , the reason I chose the H100i was the cool looking Link software, however I am quite happy for now running with it as is without the software. If they get the bugs worked out and an official release version of the software for Windows 8.1, I may give it a try.

That doesn't really help though - default was way to loud for every day use, but when I want to game I want to be able to change profile without having to do a series of unplugging the cable from my motherboard and restarting until it shows up.

Some people have suggested that running a micro usb to usb lead out of the case to a rear usb port works. Not a very elegant solution, I know, but if it works until Corsair comes up with a bug free version of link, it may be worth it.

I saw another thread like this recently. Your computer is optimizing for powersaving, so when the USB header that your block is connected to idles for too long, its being put to sleep to save power. I don't remember how to disable that, as that wasn't a problem I was having. You have to find out how to disable windows from putting that USB header to sleep

Archived