Corsair Community

Voyager Air not visible in Mac Finder

leelovesbikesto

I've connected my Voyager Air 1 to my home network via ethernet, which is visible in Windows 8 but not in my Mac's Finder.

The drive is formatted as exFAT as I'll be reading writing from OSX, Windows and Android.

I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 and can connect to the internet using my android phone in internet pass-through mode (the wifi card is waiting to be replaced).

The drive mounts when connected via USB, and over WiFi with my devices.

Any comments welcomed... thanks.

The server (and Paragon file system) doesn't support exFAT. I am frankly surprised that it is working at all for you.

You need to choose either NTFS or HFS+ for USB use.

The specific file system you choose doesn't matter for wireless or ethernet connections.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, I stopped using my VoyagerAir as it was just too flaky to use, unless I wanted to spend an hour getting it visible to my devices.

I'm since needing it again, and encountering YET MORE issues with it...

The drive was reformatted as NTFS using 3rd party software on my Mac, and was visible for a short period. During that time I reflashed it back to the original FM (which was a complete version iinm), then updated to the most recent version (as of May 2017).

Nada.

Well, actually, it's visible to my Mac's Finder, and streams pretty well, but the Voyager Android app on at least 3 devices just states 'No drives detected'; Connecting via WiFi and Ethernet.

I am dismally disappointed by the sheer crappy flakiness of this drive, judging by all the other complaints I'm far from alone, and by the aftersales support which is basically non-existant.

I have used Corsair products back in the day (233mhz RAM modules in the original iMac, and various drives), but this has really annoyed me.

Over £120 for a paperweight. An ugly one at that.

Hopefully this post will stay up, get crawled, and warn future potential customers of the problems that might lie ahead.

I'd appreciate a response, but if you can't be bothered that's fine.

Lee Vickers

• Corsair Employee

Hey lee,

I'd suggest connecting to the Voyager Air via the IP (192.168.77.1) and try updating the firmware firmware to the latest version 2.4.0. If you're unable to do so, you may need to do a previous firmware update first.

Hey lee,

I'd suggest connecting to the Voyager Air via the IP (192.168.77.1) and try updating the firmware firmware to the latest version 2.4.0. If you're unable to do so, you may need to do a previous firmware update first.

Any change somebody from Corsair could maybe link us in to version 2.4.0. because the main Corsair website no longer recognises the voyager product and/or downloads. All other products from Corsair are visible, but can you find anything for the voyager, no.

I also have an outstanding ticket with issues relating to the Voyager Air, again somebody on the ticket mentioned version 4......

Also spoke to somebody via the chat function, he also couldn't find version 2.4 - so if we can't find it and your staff can't direct me to it's location I'm starting to wonder if this product has no future. (especially as it's not listed on the corsair website)

Any change somebody from Corsair could maybe link us in to version 2.4.0. because the main Corsair website no longer recognises the voyager product and/or downloads. All other products from Corsair are visible, but can you find anything for the voyager, no.

I also have an outstanding ticket with issues relating to the Voyager Air, again somebody on the ticket mentioned version 4......

Also spoke to somebody via the chat function, he also couldn't find version 2.4 - so if we can't find it and your staff can't direct me to it's location I'm starting to wonder if this product has no future. (especially as it's not listed on the corsair website)

Ok looks like I've found the answer... the only way to update to version 2.4 is via connecting via a browser to 192.168.77.1 This has seemed to work and has updated successfully.

• Corsair Employee

I'm sorry, I wish we could but it is only available via the app or browser. I'm not sure why the links aren't available. For now, the two versions possibly needed to get to 2.4.0 are in the article linked below.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/knowledgebase/apex/KnowledgeArticle?id=kA140000000Cmfk&q=voyager+air&l=en_US&c=Technical_Support%3A&fs=Search&pn=1

Ok looks like I've found the answer... the only way to update to version 2.4 is via connecting via a browser to 192.168.77.1 This has seemed to work and has updated successfully.

Is everything working for you?

Archived