Corsair Community

Here we go again! Ticket # 6389837

NTCosa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On this one, nothing except the $150 case I bought that was originally packed with broken parts. The replacement as you have read was sent with broken parts as well.. they sent me 2 e-mails so far to return the broken parts and want me to ship both of them back to California from Texas.. and the packaging for these panels they e-mailed me saying to send back would cost me an estimated $15-20 each.. so $30-40 total for the 2 broken side panels/windows.. But they are out of luck because I am not paying another dime to their company until they fix the $150 mistake that they already made.

Other than this, I had to RMA a brand new SSD in January, and they forced me to ship it packaged all nice and neat and protected or would not honor my RMA request, but somehow they are allowed to send me non-protected poorly packaged replacements.. shipping the SSD back cost me $12 after I had already paid around $100 for the SSD itself.

It would be extremely nice of Corsair, since they value and talk up their quality support team so much, if they would not force the end user to pay for their own defected products to be returned that the customer has already paid full price for.

I had to RMA a gaming mouse a while back with another company, called Mionix, they are based in Sweden... Mionix paid for my return shipping, and sent me out the replacement mouse quicker than Corsair, and they are over seas!!! I also have RMA'd prodcuts with Mushkin and Thermaltake, and they as well provide return shipping labels so I never had to pay out of pocket with them.. I also had to RMA a Razer keyboard a while back, and they as well paid for my return shipping to Canada from USA.. It's VERY PATHETIC that Corsair is so far behind their competitors but pride themselves at being the best!!!

To this date all Corsair has done is given a brief "sorry" on their facebook page, and tell me another one is being sent out here on this thread. They don't give a rat's *** about the customer, they just care about their wallets being fat it seems. Part of keeping their wallets fat, is making the consumer pay for return shipping.

Why should anyone have to pay shipping costs for a manufacturer's defect? Very ridiculous and the definition of robbery.

Well I must say that I think it'll end up with me reading their whole end user policies because this is unacceptable, even newegg offers to pay for the shipping.

corsair doesnt require small misc. parts to be returned such as a panel,you must be reading off an automated message ...

Automated or not, they sent me multiple e-mails with return labels when RMA's are filed. There is no nomenclature in there stating that they don't need my panels to be returned.. all I know is I RMA'd my panels, and they sent me a return label without pre-paid postage.

Nobody to date has told me not to return the panels.. in fact, they have barely said anything at all.

Well I must say that I think it'll end up with me reading their whole end user policies because this is unacceptable, even newegg offers to pay for the shipping.

I hope your requests goes smoother than mine, I have tried to help you on your post as much as possible troubleshooting or trying to figure something out.

Good luck AntoineD, I really wish your problem gets resolved, as you really do need your CPU cooler to actually run your PC.

I am really surprised there hasn't been much activity on your thread from Corsair.. oh wait, I am not surprised, because they are rarely active at all.. people keep coming to these forums saying they are "tech support" forums as an excuse as to why nobody replies.. well if they are tech support, why ISN'T anyone responding and trying to help you?

It's ridiculous.. Corsair is not the only manufacturer of PC components anymore when it comes to RAM, Coolers, Cases, SSDs, etc... you would think they would provide more support to keep up with their competitors.. but they don't care.

Automated or not, they sent me multiple e-mails with return labels when RMA's are filed. There is no nomenclature in there stating that they don't need my panels to be returned.. all I know is I RMA'd my panels, and they sent me a return label without pre-paid postage.

Nobody to date has told me not to return the panels.. in fact, they have barely said anything at all.

call them,they dont require the panels back,every response you just mentioned is automated for general return of items.

agreed there should be something regarding misc and small parts tho

call them,they dont require the panels back,every response you just mentioned is automated for general return of items.

agreed there should be something regarding misc and small parts tho

Glad we can finally agree on something Wytnyt. Maybe Corsair should use my case as a tool to educate future employees and improve their processes.

1) someone needs to be held accountable for not completing a Final Quality Control check

2) employees should be more empathetic towards consumers

3) provide language in the automated responses to make the consumers aware of what products do and do not require to be returned

What would have happened if I did spend $40 shipping these panels back to them? Nothing.. I doubt Corsair would have reimbursed the return costs of these items and claim something along the lines of "Well you didn't have to return that item, it was not required in this RMA process, sorry you spent the money to send it back to us."

I'm glad at least that they are replacing your panels. They won't replace the broken one on my 540 because it isn't sold as a separate piece. But hey, they responded to my RMA...

well ive learned never to say never:D:

going back from when i first came here what i saw was only ramguy handling everything here but now were seeing well over a dozen or so corsair employees interacting and helping here so they are recognizing needs here.

of course another area of concern is that people use the automated rma and assume procedures incorrectly and that also needs to be addressed.

but i think their most important issue is a increasingly surge of business with their products and their struggling to keep up.

in ways thats good and in ways not so...

• Administrators

NTCosa - To be 100% clear - do not send the panels back to us. Looking at your ticket you were informed of this on 2/4.

Jimbo64 - Read your thread.

wytnyt - Ram Guy was an individual for only a short period of time. The TS team has been using the login for years. TS now uses individual logins. It's under a dozen FYI :)

In regards to the automated system - it's constantly being improved upon, but we don't make changes lightly to it as even small changes can affect thousands of customers. I completely agree - the wording on the automated email needs to be updated, and it's on the list.

NTCosa - To be 100% clear - do not send the panels back to us. Looking at your ticket you were informed of this on 2/4.

Wow look at that prompt reply! ... thanks for clarifying things we already went over. See, I always thought that on my end, I was talking about before I found out everything.. but thanks anyways.

In regards to the automated system - it's constantly being improved upon, but we don't make changes lightly to it as even small changes can affect thousands of customers. I completely agree - the wording on the automated email needs to be updated, and it's on the list.

I haven't seen a change in your automated system in the many years that I have been a Corsair customer. You can't fool me. It's always been "Hi, thanks for your RMA request, we will get back with you shortly. By the way, here is a packing slip to return your items with no pre-paid postage for our failed equipment.".. Really? A small change like that can effect thousands of customers? You are right, by making every customer pay for return shipping, it does effect each and every one of us.

All we are saying is to add some simple language clarifying what you do and do not need to send back.. You know.. just some basic text.. we aren't talking rocket science here.

I am very glad you agree though, maybe you can forward this conversation to your team that develops those responses and help pages.

video works but 6 minutes of black now

I just saw that, it works fine on my desktop.. give it some time to process into full HD that it was recorded in.. if it doesn't work I will mix it down in a different file type with PowerDirector and re-upload it.

looks like a ups issue since it was plastic wrapped with corner pads,man hate to see this,looks like your luck is bad as mine as i bought a blu-ray recorder for my build with 1 day shipping for the 12th and its now the 17th and just got yet another 2 day delay notification.

looks like a ups issue since it was plastic wrapped with corner pads,man hate to see this,looks like your luck is bad as mine as i bought a blu-ray recorder for my build with 1 day shipping for the 12th and its now the 17th and just got yet another 2 day delay notification.

As I have previously said, I have received many packages from the same carrier and never have had something broken... look at this.. all 3 panels are broken in the same place!! So consistent.. the broken piece in the video was outside of the plastic wrap.. seems like it was broken sooner than the UPS driver picked it up.

dont think im taking up for corsair as im not but coming from indiana[i think] or california the package must have changed hands several times but i must admit i dont see any wrinkles in the box.

at any rate let the mods have a go at it,just fortunate it isnt a running part

dont think im taking up for corsair as im not but coming from indiana[i think] or california the package must have changed hands several times but i must admit i dont see any wrinkles in the box.

at any rate let the mods have a go at it,just fortunate it isnt a running part

Very fortunate it isn't a running part.. I may just visit their location in California where this came from and handle this in person on my next business tip out there.

looks like a ups issue since it was plastic wrapped with corner pads.

Wytnyt, let's say this, even IF it was UPS fault, that packaging and padding isn't enough protection to keep those panels from moving around and the window cover from becoming dislodged during shipment.. possibly resulting in the breaks we are seeing. Even if that's the case.. you would think Corsair would do something different, something better, to really protect these panels.. How about a piece a tape on the window cover on the top and bottom, that would keep it strapped to the panel itself and possibly prevent breakage. Something that simple could easily fix this, but I prefer more padding or a smaller box so the thing doesn't move around constantly across the 1,900 mile journey.

Please refer to http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=126383 for details.

YouTube Unboxing Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5_mgljr0Fw[/ame]

Imageshack 2nd RMA Image Gallery: https://imageshack.com/a/JVOq/1

You need to fix this issue in your department.. Tech Support and Shipping Has obviously done nothing.. I hope Customer Service can do something about this!!!

So they said they are going to "overnight" it this time, through air shipment, and see if anything changes.. I asked the support associate on the phone to please add additional padding instead of just the 4 tiny corner pads, and to tape the window cover into place on the panel so it doesn't fall off or cause damage during shipment.

Let's see what happens this time.. Going to do another video unboxing of this 4th panel, 3rd RMA replacement, hope the results are better Corsair.

Archived