Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'memory problem'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 2 results

1. I recently got the Corsair Vengeance i7200, and it was having some serious issues with black screen crashing. I tried a plethora of troubleshooting, but what ended up fixing it was updating the BIOS to the latest one provided on Corsair's website. The bios update caused issues on it's own, was met with a black screen and no POST, had to reset the CMOS, and even then I was only able to get into BIOS/Windows upon taking out 3 of the 4 ram sticks. Turned the pc off and put the other ram sticks back in, but upon booting it up, I consistently received "Memory Overclocking Failure." I found that turning off the XMP profile in the BIOS fixed this issue, and I'm able to reboot without issue. XMP profile didn't cause this before the BIOS update. I tried manually setting the frequency to 3200 MHz, timings to 16-18-18-36, and voltage to 1.35, to no avail. I'm still rather new to messing around with computers, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm pretty certain that the BIOS update is what solved my crashes, as I've heard other people also fixed their crashes with it, so I don't think I should flash to the old version. I'd definitely like to get the advertised 3200 MHz out of the memory and would appreciate any troubleshooting advice.
  2. While swapping out my GPU last night, I ended up having to forcibly power down my computer, and while doing so (holding the power button) I must have done something wrong or held the power button down too long because the pc blinked off then on extremely fast. I noticed that my RAM lights had turned off. I decided to ignore this at first, thinking it must not be too big of a problem and it would all be fixed after I installed the GPU drivers and restarted my computer. I did so, and after the restart, nothing turned on, I went into ICUE like before and tried instant lighting, and directly changing the lighting on the RAM to no avail. I don't think this is a problem with aura, because I've had it on my computer before with no such problem, and the lights on the DIMMs went out before the computer went through the boot. I would like to avoid RMA (if it is even an option) but I am not 100% against doing so.