Corsair Community

650D front intake plate

sigmalex365

I really want to get one of the obsidian cases. I don't want the 650D, because even though its the only obsidian still in stock with non-restrictive airflow the front intake can only be a 200m fan and I don't want that. I like the 350D but the front plate with brushed aluminum give very little air to the fans. My question is can the front intake plate of the 650D be used on the 350D or even the 750D ??

Take a look at this thread on another forum. It's a long one but several people in it have modified the stock 650D front panel to take a couple of 120MM fans. Others just removed the front grill to reduce air noise, often replacing the stock 200mm x 20mm fan with a 200mm x 25mm fan, which will just fit between the front panel and the HDD cages. Some have replaced the front fan with a 200mm x 30mm Cooler Master MegaFlow but the HDD cages will have to be removed or just one put into the third position. There is a way described in that thread somewhere on how to modify a Megaflow and the front panel to allow installing it on the front of the front panel, which will allow the HDD cages to remain. I'm currently working on that mod myself (still need to finish cutting out the grill).

You could cut out the front panel of the 350D to give you the airflow you need and cover the hole(s) with a conventional grill(s), a custom grill(s) from someplace like MNPCTech, or, better yet, a magnetic filter from someplace like DEMCIfilter (they make custom sizes as well as stock ones and have a way to make magnetic filters stick to nonferrous surfaces).

I have a BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm (Dimensions (mm): 200x200x25) in the front of my 650d and a BitFenix Spectre PRO 230mm (Dimensions (mm): 230x200x30) on the side panel the rolled edge on the hard drive bay had to be modded to fit the front fan

Archived