Corsair Community

Cable extentions

Commando383

I have 2 aiflow pro's running on my Rampage IV extreme, cooling 8 dominator gt dimms in an 800d case. After calling tech support I recieved 2 cables, one for each. However they are not long enough to reach the link commander. Are there longer cables or perhaps extensions?

I also have not heard of any extensions, and as I believe they are proprietary cables, I doubt there are any alternatives unless someone from Corsair can tell us different?

Like Toasted said, it means you will have to move the commander. I have it (in my 600T) in the lower drive cage, but after checking out your specs (insane rig by the way, I like!) you may be short on spare drive bays? Could you get an adapter and have it in one of the optical drive bays?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but AFAIK there are no extensions available for this cable and it may not report properly if you make them longer by making your own cable. The only choice is to move the Corsair Link commander closer.

I have ordered an adapter to mount it in the front drive bays. My concern is that I will probably be able to connect the closest airflow pro, but I don't think cable for the other unit will be long enough. I will post again once my adapters come in.

I have ordered an adapter to mount it in the front drive bays. My concern is that I will probably be able to connect the closest airflow pro, but I don't think cable for the other unit will be long enough. I will post again once my adapters come in.

I have an 800d case with over a dozen fans in it and I can hook every one of them to a node or my H100. I can also put my temp sensors almost anywhere.

For the tenth time, this is what you do:

Mount the Link Commander (big silver thinghy) in a 5.25" drive bay

Connect the cable that goes to the Node LED or Cooling (small black thinghy) to the commander.

Run the cable to the back of your case behind the motherboard.

Connect the Node to the end of the cable as centrally located as possible. Double sided tape comes with it but I used Velcro. (Wait until you have ALL your fans and sensors connected until you mount the Node since you may have to move it a bit to accommodate one fan or sensor.)

Now connect all the fans and temp sensors to the Node and out the sensors where you want them.

You can now by an extra Node ($39.95 + shipping-ouch) as I did to give you even more flexibility.

This should allow almost all of you to connect all your fans and sensors wherever you need to.

Archived