Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

if you need iCue and have a H80i v2, then yea thats bad luck :(.

My H80i is about 1.5yrs old I think. iCue didnt have even the option to check its firmware version, let alone update it.

So probably something thats set once when built.

Possible that new H80i v2 dont have this issue?

I use hyper-V for my VMs, and that has no way to pass USB devices directly to the VM.

So not sure how it would control the nightsword?

Or are you RDP into the VM and iCue still works?

I know with Vmware you can pass USB devices to VMs.

VMware and Vitualbox both allow USB devices to be passed through. Not tried in HyperV, but I'd be a little surprised if you can't, just never had a reason to try. A quick Google suggests using Enhanced Session Mode would allow USB redirecton, and I find it's the best way to connect to the VM anyway.

Mine is an H80iV2, but must be pretty old, I would guess. I got it in Nov 2018, and it was not new, but as you say, the FW does not seem to present a FW update option.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had enough this been going on for years now will stop using icue for fan rpm control once upgrade to new board when Ryzen 4000 is out

Ive been loyal I have so many Corsair products and left really annoyed , my case, ram, psu, AIO, Fans Keyboard/mouse all are Corsair

Whenever I start gaming the fans spin up like they should once system gets warmer but after while when I look in ICUE all the RPM monitoring is frozen so the fans keep on spinning fast where it last froze on this is annoying once i stop playing and leave the computer idle it should slowly get cooler and fans start spinning slower = less noise

I have to Restart ICUE to get it working again I dont run any other monitoring software to monitor temps

• 2 weeks later...

had this issue since 2018 also reading up on few others with same issue one thing I see in common is the H100i V2 AIO I might just buy another brand AIO and see if it solves it

Use a hardware fan curve, either Quiet or Extreme, and it'll stop happening I think. This is what happens with my H80i V2. I's stupid, one of biggest reasons for having it's USB connectivity is broken.

Corsair don't care.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everybody, wanted to check in and let you know we are actively looking into these issues you have brought up in this thread. We appreciate the effort of all of you contributing the data you have in one consolidated location. However all things are not the same when it comes to the Hydro Coolers as some of them pre-dated the iCUE software, and their interaction with the new ecosystem is different. To more efficiently isolate issues that may be affecting specific generations, we'll be separating this thread into two by generation, and closing this thread. Please provide your feedback in the new respective threads below:

Current Generation Hydro Coolers (Pro/Pro XT/Platinum/Elite)

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=199969

Legacy Hydro Coolers (V2/GT/GTX)

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=199968

Thank you all again for your contributions in this thread. We'll be providing updates in the threads above.