Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 Driver Issue

cyanghost109

Hello! I love this headset so far! However, there is a major driver issue I'd like to point out.

I have Call Of Duty 4 and it plays well. Whenever I have the headset plugged in and enabled, the game launches fine with no errors.

However, there are times when I'd rather switch to my speakers. Whenever my speakers are enabled (headset is disabled), the game crashes and gives me an error. I've recreated this procedure on two different systems, and got the same outcome.

If anybody could tell me about a workaround or troubleshooting procedure, that would be awesome! Even if there is none, and this gets to the devs, that would be great too! :D:

Thanks!

Other info:

Windows 7 Home 32 bit

Vengeance Driver version 1.1

Sound card is VIA High Definition Audio (6.0.1.8700)

Call Of Duty v1.7

My answer may apply to your situation, it may not, but I want to help.

I do not play COD 4, but I do play Black Ops. In Black Ops, if you have more than one sound device on your system, you have to choose which one you use in Black Ops. So if you have chosen the Corsair Headset in the game's menu, and then you disable the headset, the game still looks for it. So be sure to change your sound device in the game's menu, before disabling the Vengeance headset, and see if that helps to maintain stability on your system.

Cheers.

My answer may apply to your situation, it may not, but I want to help.

I do not play COD 4, but I do play Black Ops. In Black Ops, if you have more than one sound device on your system, you have to choose which one you use in Black Ops. So if you have chosen the Corsair Headset in the game's menu, and then you disable the headset, the game still looks for it. So be sure to change your sound device in the game's menu, before disabling the Vengeance headset, and see if that helps to maintain stability on your system.

Cheers.

jmacguire, thanx for your input! In COD4, there is no way to choose which audio device in the game! Anyway, thanx for the help!

Another idea, Is there a config file you can edit?

Any other help you be greatly appreciated! :)

I was going to test COD4 and report back what I personally found, but I cant find my original disc. Sorry brother.

Thanks for going out of your way to try this! Do you have your CD key? You could download an ISO somewhere if needed. It wouldn't be pirating if you use a your own serial key. Anyway, you mentioned changing it in game. However, there would be no way to do so anyway as I can't even get to the menu. I get a "COD4 has stopped responding error" whenever I launch it.

I have found it is always best practice while gaming to exit the game when making any audio adjustments.

What are you trying to say exactly? If you're not sure on what I did, I suggest you reread the procedure I went through. It seems as if you're saying I should first exit the game, and then make audio adjustments. Allow me to clarify. Before launching the game, there are times when I want to use speakers. I disable the headset and then enable the onboard sound card. This is all done before launching the game. When I launch, it gives me a "COD4 has stopped responding error." when my speakers are enabled.

I'm pretty positive it's a driver issue. If there's some way I could get this to the developers, that would be great.

I know you've tried a different system, but have you tried uninstalling the drivers?

Why would I uninstall the drivers? I would like to experience the full functionality of my 100 dollar nice headset lol. I will try reinstalling them if that's what you mean. :)

Ok, you actually gave me an idea I should have tried a long time ago. I reinstalled the drivers and the problem doesn't seem to occur anymore. It may in the near future again, so I will let you know if I run into trouble again! :D:

This is obviously a driver issue. Do the developers normally check the forums? I think it would be of their best interest to look into this.

Archived