Corsair Community

HD120 Fans connectivity with icue

scl-

Hello guys, im new here and i would like to ask about fans with rgb led strips. Its probably simple question for you but i didnt find any answer on youtube or google so im trying my luck here.

i have connected 3 HD fans into corsair fan controller and i bought led strips with lighning node pro. Can i connect it through some cable or i need to buy commander pro? I saw a video where some guy didnt have commander pro, only node pro and it works, but also i saw a video where some guy said that if i want full compatibility with efects (fans and strips) the only way is commander pro. could you tell me if you have some experience please? :)

Sorry for my english and thanks for every reply :)

Have a nice day :)

The power leads for the fans will plug into your motherboard or fan controller of choice (such as a Commander Pro if you had one, but not necessary), and the RGB leads will plug into the supplied RGB hub. Next run a cable from the RGB hub to a channel on the Lighting Node Pro. Connect your RGB LED strips together, and run them to another channel on the Node Pro.

You can now go to iCUE, go to the Lighting Node Pro, then click on Lighting Setup. Now tell iCUE what device is connected to each channel, and how many you have (for example, channel 1 has HD 120 fans, 3 of them and channel 2 has LED strips, 4 of them). This will setup the RGB lighting. To set up fan speed control, you will need to reference whatever device you plugged the power leads into (such as your motherboard, Commander Pro, or any other fan controller you may use).

You can now control each fan and LED strip (and actually individual LEDs within them) using iCUE.

Think of it as 2 separate controllers - a "fan controller," which will be your motherboard if you dont' have a dedicated one, and an RGB controller, which is the Lighting Node Pro. The included hub is just an RGB hub to connect the RGB of all your fans together, and then connected to the Node Pro as the controller.

The Commander Pro integrates all of these functions together. You have a 6 port fan controller, 2 RGB controller channels, 4 temp sensors, and an integrated USB hub for connecting multiple USB devices together in case you don't have enough internal headers on your motherboard. You can combine multiple Lighting Node Pros and Commander Pros together if you need more RGB channels. Each controller will support 2 channels, and each channel supports 1 product. Also, each RGB hub only supports 1 product, so if you have say HD120 fans and LL120 fans together in the same system, you would need 2 hubs. Each hub would go to a single channel on one Lighting Node Pro. You could then use another Lighting Node Pro to give you 2 more channels, say for extra LED strips.

Just some examples, the possibilities and required equipment will depend largely on your particular setup.

The Commander Pro will give you full control over the fans - both speed and lighting. The Node Pro will only give you control over the lighting effects and, as c00lkatzs said, you'd need to use your motherboard.

The Lighting Node Pro and the Commander Pro have exactly the same functionality when it comes to lighting control and synchronization. So the "full compatibility with effects" does not require the Commander Pro ... at all.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature for all kinds of good info on the RGB ecosystem.

Yes, there will be a cable with the Node Pro to hook up to your motherboard through USB, and there will be another cable included with the Node Pro that you will use to connect to the hub that came with your fans.

Note that the cable to connect the Node Pro with the RGB Fan Hub is only available in the fan multi-packs! It does not come with the Lighting Node Pro + Strips!!

This has been an ongoing challenge.

Note that the cable to connect the Node Pro with the RGB Fan Hub is only available in the fan multi-packs! It does not come with the Lighting Node Pro + Strips!!

This has been an ongoing challenge.

Ah, did not know that. I have everything discussed, but it's been a while since I built the system, plus I'm the type to just pull everything out of the boxes and start building lol.

On second thought, I don't have any fans that came with a Node Pro. I bought 2 of the HD120 3-packs (which don't come with a Node Pro), a Commander Pro, the Lighting Node Pro with RGB strips, and 2 sets of RGB strips alone (without Node Pro).

I had to have received that cable somewhere among all that! Maybe the Commander Pro comes with the cable you need?

On second thought, I don't have any fans that came with a Node Pro. I bought 2 of the HD120 3-packs (which don't come with a Node Pro), a Commander Pro, the Lighting Node Pro with RGB strips, and 2 sets of RGB strips alone (without Node Pro).

I had to have received that cable somewhere among all that! Maybe the Commander Pro comes with the cable you need?

The Commander Pro comes with two fan hub connection cables.

Archived