Corsair Community

Vengeance® 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset

Dedaciai

This is probably a stupid question, but I am in the market for a new gaming headset and this one (http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-2000-wireless-7-1-gaming-headset.html) looks quite interesting with its 50mm drivers. However, my concern is that since it is wireless USB it would not utilize my dedicated sound card which would leave it to sound production from the MB. From my understanding this would actually reduce the quality of the sound coming from this headset, no?

It is a USB sound device. *All* USB sound devices bypass the sound controller on your motherboard and/or sound card.

You can use this just fine with the sound controller on your motherboard and/or sound card disabled entirely. It will be unaffected.

I was unaware until I read your post that they even made a wireless version. I wonder how long the battery lasts? (They say 10 hours, but I tend to doubt such claims.) It does claim you can use it plugged in while it charges. That would be very nice.

Since many people eventually have issues that seem to be a short in wiring due to moving the wire while they listen, this may actually make the device last longer by far.

I moved over to a cordless trackball simply because I hated having to replace mine every six months when the wiring started shorting out. I have not had any issues since.

Good move Corsair. Now how about some details? I would like to know what battery type it uses and is it replaceable? Or would it require an RMA to replace the battery if it goes bad? (I hope you are using Lithium Ion batteries.)

Archived