Corsair Community

Can 8 gigs run at 1600mhz dual channel

rpritch

I have 8 gigs (total 2x 2 gig twin packs) of the CM2X2048-8500C5D

My question is can 8 gigs of ram run at 1600? I read in a post that i cannot find now, that it cannot. Am I missing something or does the system dummy the memory down to 800 when set to 1600

Thank you for the quick response, what im trying to do is just run the memory at its max , im sure like everyone else in the forums, hehe. Ive set the Voltage to 2.1 and the mhz to 1066 and 800 and each slot still runs at

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b2d318d25f.gif

could it possible be a timing issue?

M4N82DELUXE.txt

its likely that the memory controller on the phenom just cannot handle 4 sticks at 1066.

since you are not using dual channel/ganged mode try 3 sticks and see if 1066 is feasible.

Actually, AMD does not officially support the use of three sticks of RAM with any of its CPUs. As a result, you'll never know what you're going to get. Sometimes, an AMD system with three DIMMs refuses to even POST even with the memory set to run at only 200MHz (DDR2-400).

Thank you for the quick response, what im trying to do is just run the memory at its max , im sure like everyone else in the forums, hehe. Ive set the Voltage to 2.1 and the mhz to 1066 and 800 and each slot still runs at

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b2d318d25f.gif

could it possible be a timing issue?

400 ram Freq.=800mhz it's DDR (dual darta rate). So 1066 should say 533...

I set the timings to 5-5-5-15, 24 TRC, 2T and voltage to 2.1....CPUID showed memory running at 533. Unfortunately after about 30mins PC blue screened and was stuck in a boot loop, guess I'm just going to have to stick with out of the box settings.....was just trying to squeeze some performance.

Thank you all for your input.

Archived