Corsair Community

ML140 PRO RGB Fans: is this as bright as they get?! :(

ajmi982

Comparing LL120 RGB to ML140 RGB isn’t far. I get that. But the ML140s on my H115i Platinum are terribly faint in color. The slider in iCUE is at 100% yet the brightness looks like what 50% should look like. Is this normal?

8BC64C92-E9CB-4A12-BA8C-AE6BBB4BA595.thumb.jpeg.e0f0ada108645e93db9ccb89fb58fcb5.jpeg

All of the three prime RGB fans have a slightly different hue for those that are picky. The HD are near pastel and bright as a star, but do clean white like no other. The frosted diffuser of the LL is always going to cool down the tone making it quite different to the HD. The ML has the most neutral color tone, but 4 uncovered central LEDs against an opaque blade is not going to look like the 12/16 ring LEDs of the others.

You can make an argument for any of these for one application or another and there is a strong element of personal taste. However, they have never really promoted these as a mix and match system. People do, but there is always some compromise necessary. Getting LED counts to match on an LL,ML combination is a real pain and you need separate RGB controllers (and channels) to make them behave as intended.