Corsair Community

How are corsair case sizes written?

MidnightNarwhal

LxWxH is the common US labeling system, but there is no standard and different industries use variations to suit their needs. I would be careful about assuming the Corsair site is standardized at all. My Air 540 is definitely listed as Depth (length) x Width x Height.

The problem is which side is "length", "width", and "height". Besides differing visual perspectives, you have different language or cultural customs as well adding to the confusion. As has been requested many a time before, the main website needs diagrams. Math is a lot harder to misinterpret. Besides being useful, most tech orientated people like these things (see:Marketing).

Your best bet is to find another source(s) that displays the measurements in a more readable way and compare. Easy enough on some towers, but the boxier ones can be tricky to interpret from angled photographs. You can try newegg.com No diagrams unless the manufacturer provides them, but the dimensions are clearly labeled. Some professional reviewers of the specific case may have taken the time to create a layout. If in total distress, ask about a specific case here. Surely someone will be kind enough to fill in the details.

LxWxH is the common US labeling system, but there is no standard and different industries use variations to suit their needs. I would be careful about assuming the Corsair site is standardized at all. My Air 540 is definitely listed as Depth (length) x Width x Height.

The problem is which side is "length", "width", and "height". Besides differing visual perspectives, you have different language or cultural customs as well adding to the confusion. As has been requested many a time before, the main website needs diagrams. Math is a lot harder to misinterpret. Besides being useful, most tech orientated people like these things (see:Marketing).

Your best bet is to find another source(s) that displays the measurements in a more readable way and compare. Easy enough on some towers, but the boxier ones can be tricky to interpret from angled photographs. You can try newegg.com No diagrams unless the manufacturer provides them, but the dimensions are clearly labeled. Some professional reviewers of the specific case may have taken the time to create a layout. If in total distress, ask about a specific case here. Surely someone will be kind enough to fill in the details.

Yeah figured I would check on review sites.

Archived