Corsair Community

CMT8GX3M2B2133C9 on Amazon, No Longer Supported?

MatthewScores

This Dominator GT 2X4Gb 2133Mhz kit is listed on Amazon as 1.5v but I cannot locate it on the Corsair website.

Has it been discontinued? or is it really a 1.65v kit. Says at the webpage date first available Jan 2012, strange.

Trying to find a Dom GT 1.5v kit for Ivy Bridge 3770K Asus Z77 build, thank you.

This kit also on Amazon is not found at the Corsair website

CMT8GX3M2A1866C9

Yes they are a real kit and carry Corsairs lifetime warranty as the rest of their modules.

If i remember correctly the chips used to make the modules are no longer available. So some stores may have older stock still available and why they are not in the corsair store.

Originally posted by Ram Guy

There was nothing wrong with it just the memory IC we used to make that module is no longer available. And we have faster modules available since that was released. Like CMXGTX3 for example.

Link to original thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=93885&highlight=dominator+2133mhz

PS Can u delete your other thread. There is no need to post the same question in multiple sections. They all get seen at some point. THX :)

Thanks peanutz, this is the only thread I have on these mystery kits. If they are rated at 1.5v they should work fine in a Z77 board right? I will be using an Intel 3770K cpu and an Asus Maximus 5 Extreme motherboard. The only other Dom GT 1.5v kit I found was a Quad Channel 4X4 kit listed at $294. Sorry for all the questions.

I swear there was another one in the compatibility forum. Oh well, just disregard that then! Cheers!:o:

Yea I saw that one too, another guy asking my same questions about this kit, they seem to have plenty at Amazon and more on the way. Do I just install the memory and move the bios up to 2133Mhz? I am getting a performance motherboard Asus Maximus 5, will I have any difficulty with 2133? or just set it and forget it? I am not overclocking my cpu and don't want to overclock the memory either. This will be my 3rd Corsair kit.

I went ahead and ordered the kit, as long as it says 1.5v on the side I will keep it, problem is my mobo is not out until next month so I cannot check the MHz speed. From your vast knowledge base will I have any trouble with 2133mhz@1.5v? or 2000mhz@1.5v? Thanks again sorry for being a pain...:o:

Update: a photo from the Newegg site shows the side label, it says 1.5V ver4.13.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x358/MeanBruce/20-233-258-Z02.jpg

I went ahead and ordered the kit, as long as it says 1.5v on the side I will keep it, problem is my mobo is not out until next month so I cannot check the MHz speed. From your vast knowledge base will I have any trouble with 2133mhz@1.5v? or 2000mhz@1.5v? Thanks again sorry for being a pain...

I am not overclocking my cpu and don't want to overclock the memory either.

2133mhz IS an overclock.If you are not interested in overclocking then a 1333mhz kit is what you want. Or if it's IVY you can go with a 1600mhz kit. That is supported on those CPU's too.

So you need to decide if this kit is really what you want. They are more of a hardcore overclocking module than n everyday no oc gaming RAM.

If you decide to try these at 2133mhz that will also depend on the strength of the memory controller in your CPU as to whether or not it can handle the overclock. so to tell you for sure that you wont have any troubles running them i cant. More than likely you will have to add memory controller and or CPU voltage with that high of an overclock.

Yea I saw that one too, another guy asking my same questions about this kit

It was your reply to that thread that i saw. No worries

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105967

Shows ya what I know about o/c'ing, nothing. 2133mhz is just a rating, not a stock speed, got it. Actually a tech friend said these modules with the extensions would be the best choice for a fast silent rig, with lower air flow. Running them at slower speeds I'm sure I can find a perfect balance of performance and noise. Thanks so much!:)

Actually a tech friend said these modules with the extensions would be the best choice for a fast silent rig, with lower air flow. Running them at slower speeds I'm sure I can find a perfect balance of performance and noise. Thanks so much!:)

Not sure what he is trying to talk you into. All RAM is silent. And if you buy these modules and run them at slower speeds, your just wasting your money. You could get a much less expensive module in the dominator or vengeance series and still have the same result.

I think he meant with the Dominator GT 2133mhz and the heat sink extensions and I would have a greater range of flexibility be it speed or decibels using varying chassis fan rpms. The fans I use on the H100 and chassis exhaust run from 1500rpm~22db down to a low 300rpm~6db. I guess he thought when I was not gaming just using office apps and set the fans and airflow on low the extended heat sinks would keep the memory nice and cool even if I was only running them at 1866. I totally agree there is cheaper memory; I just got some Vengeance red 1866mhz 2x4 for $79.99. This Dominator GT kit originally sold for $499.99 at that price it is way too high for my needs, but now its $119.99 not much more than Vengeance, and I have a new mainboard on the way. What looks sexier on a red and black Asus ROG board than red and black Corsair Dominator GT with red extended heat sinks? Spending a little more for speed I might use later, and a little more for looks, worth it!

Thanks peanutz, your posts are always outstanding!http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk112/me-ithink/Emoticons/ea8af959.gif

Thanks peanutz, your posts are always outstanding!

Thank you matthew, i appreciate that!

Spending a little more for speed I might use later, and a little more for looks, worth it!

I can certainly understand! For that price i would have picked them up too. Enjoy your new rig and good luck!

If you have any further questions or issues when you get your new kit( i doubt you will) just holler back! We'll be glad to help you.:hihi:

Archived